new brass

with high quality brass no with the cheaper stuff i would full length re size

i use lapua brass= prime ,powder, bullet. shoot

Same as Swampy,

I always full length size, trim to length, chamfer and debur, even with Lapua. :)

J

this is the thing with the black art of reloading :D
there's lots of ideas to achieve the same goal
i just found it unnecessary with lapua to anything (i do chamfer forgot to mention this) i am getting .25 moa with my 223 with this method

brass

its lapua i've got and a lot of people have said there is very little triming with this brass.but im new to the reloading .must say that the cases i've got seen very good ,not found damage as yet to them,but being loose in the box seems not a good idea.

I have found you have to resize all new brass even Lapua my usual choice.If you don't you may notice differences when seating bullets. This is due to differing neck tension on the bullet. Usually it will be one that seems to require no effort to seat the bullet ( not that any should require much effort). Lack of neck tension will usually result in a flyer :eek: I learned this lesson from experience.
Regards FB

Nosler custom brass, I find has zero requirements as to prep before loading, apart from a visual check for transit damage,...... at the other end of the scale I have some Winchester 300 WSM recently necked down to suit 7mm WSM, & some Remington Peters 7mm WSM , These trim to length swarf samples show the difference in ductility of the two brands of brass, The Remmy is the first pic.

Nosler custom brass, I find has zero requirements as to prep before loading, apart from a visual check for transit damag
All the external dimensions might be spot on but I would have thought it was worth resizing to get the neck tension consistent if nothing else?

Alex, I purposely loaded them straight out of the box to see how the blurb stood up,.............. after the trials I loaded the rest & shot some Roe with them down with Ian & Jo.:cool:

Fair enough!

My OCD tendencies wouldn't allow me to be quite so 'laissez-faire'! :D

Back