New entrant into the sport - my son has got his own ticket!

merlin

My son, Charlie, is now 15 and has been mad keen on shooting since he started coming beating aged 7.

Over time, he has used air rifles and shotguns under supervision, and has shown that he is a safe, competent and considerate shot. My SGC and FAC were due for renewal this year, and so he and I had a lengthy discussion about applying for him too; he fully understood the implications and responsibility that this brought, and on the basis that if I had any doubts about his suitability we wouldn't even be having the chat, I decided to submit an application for him.

Forms completed, photos taken, referees lined up......everything submitted.......

........and having gone through the process, I have visited Force HQ today to collect my FAC (with AOLQ now on all my rifles;) ) and SGC - and to collect SGC and FAC for Charlie!!:thumb:

Now we need to get him on the range, get him shooting as well with the .243 and .308 as he does with an air-rifle....and then get him out somewhere after a deer......:D
View attachment 32288

(.....and I have nothing but praise for my Licensing Dept. I consider that I received an outstanding service from them.)

deerstalker.308

Show me an FAC with a picture that doesn't make you look like a convict.......he's just perfecting his technique by not smiling.....so when are you going out rabbiting!

DJC

My son, Charlie, is now 15 and has been mad keen on shooting since he started coming beating aged 7.

Over time, he has used air rifles and shotguns under supervision, and has shown that he is a safe, competent and considerate shot. My SGC and FAC were due for renewal this year, and so he and I had a lengthy discussion about applying for him too; he fully understood the implications and responsibility that this brought, and on the basis that if I had any doubts about his suitability we wouldn't even be having the chat, I decided to submit an application for him.

Forms completed, photos taken, referees lined up......everything submitted.......

........and having gone through the process, I have visited Force HQ today to collect my FAC (with AOLQ now on all my rifles;) ) and SGC - and to collect SGC and FAC for Charlie!!:thumb:

Now we need to get him on the range, get him shooting as well with the .243 and .308 as he does with an air-rifle....and then get him out somewhere after a deer......:D
View attachment 32288

(.....and I have nothing but praise for my Licensing Dept. I consider that I received an outstanding service from them.)
Well done we need more young blood in our sport I bet he is well pleased
DJC

NickyA

It's refreshing to read about a father who deems his son responsible enough for his own SGC, let alone FAC. Congratulations to both, just remind him of some advice the local FEO offered to my mates son at a similar age when he was granted his SGC. Hardest piece of paper to obtain, easiest to lose!

​NickyA

deerslayer

Thats great for your lad well done,i thought tough you had to be 16 before you were aloud to shot a full bore rifle or has the law changed.

deerslayer

You learn something new every day,and it is great that there are young lads that are responsible enough to have an fac

Cyres

Guys how did you get your sons allowed to use the FA's on your certs because A@S won't do it for my 18 yr old son FAC/SG just going through as I write.

Insisting he does either a C/F course for a .223 or DSC L1 if he wants a deer calibre rifle(.243 and above)

D

merlin

Guys how did you get your sons allowed to use the FA's on your certs because A@S won't do it for my 18 yr old son FAC/SG just going through as I write.

Insisting he does either a C/F course for a .223 or DSC L1 if he wants a deer calibre rifle(.243 and above)

D
....does your son want his own centre fire? If so, perhaps that's a significant point of difference, as I requested a 'borrow and use' basis for my rifles, rather than my son acquiring a rifle in his own right. Another aspect may be your son's overall level of shooting experience, eg has he used shotguns/air rifles previously?

stone

Fantastic news Q

did hav a big grin on me face when the news came through
will have to try and sort a weekend out for you both in the new year
best wishes
​Rich

grumpyoldsod

D

My 15 year old son's application just listed all of my FA's and allowances , Devon & Cornwall were happy with that and granted his certificate with AOLQ