New friend

Hi Rudi!
Good luck with the new puppet!
Looks nice, its going to be a big one, with some lighter color...
Alba is having her Vorprüfung in 4 weeks so fingers crossed....
:tiphat: atb

​Michael

Hi Rudi!
Good luck with the new puppet!
Looks nice, its going to be a big one, with some lighter color...
Alba is having her Vorprüfung in 4 weeks so fingers crossed....
:tiphat: atb

​Michael

Interesting choice of name (Alba) for the dog Michael, what made you choose it if you don't mind me asking? As my HS was destined for Scotland, Rudi and Joseph in a moment of humour thought that the name 'Whisky' would be appropriate...

Nice looking dog Rudi, is he one of Joseph's? I imagine he will be getting the same introduction right now to your woods and roe deer as Whisky did...

Hi Jamross!
Alba got her name from the breeders family already...
The first breed out of this cannel, so all of the pupps should be named starting with an "A".
I thought Alba is perfect, because she is having a tiny little white spot on the bottom side of her neck.
​Atb

thanks , for the positeve replays , yes he will be running in the same woods .Also he will be a strong one , will be good to hold the deer .

Jagare will you go for the plain type or the ones with the go faster stripe,s lol Deer Man what,s ISHV?and is it important.

Jagare will you go for the plain type or the ones with the go faster stripe,s lol Deer Man what,s ISHV?and is it important.

Basically the ISHV is the international breed society for the HS and is recognised by the VH. The U.K. have the opportunity to get these dogs and if the future is to be secured they must be ISHV. There are lots of other non recognised sources and I would urge anyone thinking of getting one to think again! I speak from experience as I have one! Now he is a good dog and im sure he would do the work for 90% of people on here but to maintain the breed he's useless! He cant do the vorprufung because he's not recognised so cant breed. He will be getting the snip!

This breed needs to be maintained and not split like has happened with other breeds and god forbid they ever get KC recognition!! Look at all our gun dog breeds and you will see whats happened! Lab, springer, wire BMH/KBGS. I don't want to see this happen to this fantastic breed so I will be getting mine chopped!

There may be some that breed for money but I can say the breeder of mine didn't do it for money and thats fact but there will be others that see a niche in the market and try to cash in to the detriment of the breed!

​They may be harder to source but I'm positive they are worth the work! This isn't about my dogs better than yours, this is about securing a breed! Any dog can find a dead deer but how many can find a lightly hit live one? The europeans are loth to send them here as they have seen the disaster that can happen with cross breeding etc. why ruin a couple of hundred years selective breeding and training?

Basically the ISHV is the international breed society for the HS and is recognised by the VH. The U.K. have the opportunity to get these dogs and if the future is to be secured they must be ISHV. There are lots of other non recognised sources and I would urge anyone thinking of getting one to think again! I speak from experience as I have one! Now he is a good dog and im sure he would do the work for 90% of people on here but to maintain the breed he's useless! He cant do the vorprufung because he's not recognised so cant breed. He will be getting the snip!

This breed needs to be maintained and not split like has happened with other breeds and god forbid they ever get KC recognition!! Look at all our gun dog breeds and you will see whats happened! Lab, springer, wire BMH/KBGS. I don't want to see this happen to this fantastic breed so I will be getting mine chopped!

There may be some that breed for money but I can say the breeder of mine didn't do it for money and thats fact but there will be others that see a niche in the market and try to cash in to the detriment of the breed!

​They may be harder to source but I'm positive they are worth the work! This isn't about my dogs better than yours, this is about securing a breed! Any dog can find a dead deer but how many can find a lightly hit live one? The europeans are loth to send them here as they have seen the disaster that can happen with cross breeding etc. why ruin a couple of hundred years selective breeding and training?
The VH answer to the ISHV not the other way round... As do the KBGS.. As do our beloved kennel club and many other associations around the world... The critical thing to look for is that a dog has the correct fci papers that being the federation cynalogique Internationale and not the 'other' fci which I believe is the bogus for want of a better phrase, others more educated on the subject may elaborate or correct me if I am wrong in what I say... But Paul you are correct in what you say in that pups should be sought from the correct sources and I personally would avoid buying a HS or bgs from these shores... As we have seen on here people charging £1000 for HS pups bred in this country without the correct papers (fci) you can't tell me they're not doing that for money? When you can get a pup from the right sources abroad for less money... Probably opened up another can of worms but there hasn't been a good ding song about dogs for a while so hey ho:coat:

​regards, Jez

Hej Rudi, I will have more time next year as i retire in Febuary. I will be in touch when I need a pup. Hope your keeping well.

You are correct some might want to make money others might want to breed for there own reasons. What they charge for a puppy is there business and i am sure the supply and demand will dictate a price.
Jez surely you might understand some might not want to follow the VH policy of dog training and breeding while you might get a puppy cheap £500. Not cheap to some, the follow up to prove your dogs on Deer and Boar you might never stalk seems to add a few £1000 on to that said price let alone the the travelling time.We all have choices and thats what makes us interesting. Might i add if your dog cannot do the vorprufung because he is not registered means very little to me. I am sure the test itself is a desired qualification for some but for others it is not. Rudy, dogs your dog, Brian,s dog mine and many others do a job of work if they are not up to it we get rid simple.I do hope the people who took one of my litter did not think i was in it for the cash because breeding is not as simple as that and there are many many pitfalls to consider before anyone considers breeding their dog.

The VH answer to the ISHV not the other way round... As do the KBGS.. As do our beloved kennel club and many other associations around the world... The critical thing to look for is that a dog has the correct fci papers that being the federation cynalogique Internationale and not the 'other' fci which I believe is the bogus for want of a better phrase, others more educated on the subject may elaborate or correct me if I am wrong in what I say... But Paul you are correct in what you say in that pups should be sought from the correct sources and I personally would avoid buying a HS or bgs from these shores... As we have seen on here people charging £1000 for HS pups bred in this country without the correct papers (fci) you can't tell me they're not doing that for money? When you can get a pup from the right sources abroad for less money... Probably opened up another can of worms but there hasn't been a good ding song about dogs for a while so hey ho:coat:

​regards, Jez

Jez, what cast iron garuntees of working ability do you get with a FCI (federation cynalogique Internationale) dog? Not 100% sure the VH answer to ISHV.

Davie was not implying you bred from your bgs for cash, more the guy in Essex that was selling HS for £1000 not from correct sources... My HS is not from the VH but she has the correct fci papers, will I breed from her? No, when I feel the time is right for another hound I will source one from the same place i got this one. I've been and done a test with my hound, not the VH vorprufung but the test was identical, and I am going over to the continent in October to do some tracking on some driven hunts with her, certainly on opportunity I would not have had with friends I would not have made if I had brought a kronky overpriced pup from over here...

Back