New Hilux 2016 2.4L

jackfish

Looking at trading in my 3.0L 14 plate hilux for the new model, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 2.4L engine and how they found it?

Would appreciate any feedback before I take the plunge.

Cheers

Bryan

highland stalker

Looking at trading in my 3.0L 14 plate hilux for the new model, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 2.4L engine and how they found it?

Cheers

Bryan
I have no experience of the new 2.4 but I do have an older 3.0 and what you are suggesting sounds like a bad idea to me. I think there is supposed to be a 2.8 coming out aswell.

jackfish

Reading into it the emissions are too high for the uk with the 2.8L, whether that is something that they will rectify or not in the near future is anyone's guess.

reiver

Reading into it the emissions are too high for the uk with the 2.8L, whether that is something that they will rectify or not in the near future is anyone's guess.
Toyota has also stoped importing /making Rav4 Awd diesels for the Uk they are now only in petrol or Hybrid petrol.but they do go like poo of a stick.

weejohn

The only pickup manufacturer that has the right idea is volkswagen . They are bringing out a new 3ltr V6 version , 0-60mph of 7.9 seconds and able to tow 3.5t . It's the same engine that's in the audi, porsch cayenne, vw tourag. I am an isuzu fan but even they have lost the plot and dropping engine size to 1.9ltr !!!!! Crazy if you ask me when it's meant to have a train weight of 6000kg+
EU emissions regulations are mental.

Olaf

Cheers

Bryan
i looked into these last year and came to the conclusion that aside from me not liking the look of them one bit, the new and tiny engines they have used are a big no no.
If you can't keep your 14 plate because it's done crazy miles then I'd look around for a new old model and get a bargain. Failing this then I'd get the Izuzu

Kindest Regards, Olaf

tackb

The only pickup manufacturer that has the right idea is volkswagen . They are bringing out a new 3ltr V6 version , 0-60mph of 7.9 seconds and able to tow 3.5t . It's the same engine that's in the audi, porsch cayenne, vw tourag. I am an isuzu fan but even they have lost the plot and dropping engine size to 1.9ltr !!!!! Crazy if you ask me when it's meant to have a train weight of 6000kg+
surely with brexit we could just tell the eu to poke there regs where the sun don't shine? and we could start building the defender again? not that I would buy one of the hateful instruments of torture being a perfectly normal 6'4'' and 18 stone !

Tomsk

For what its worth. Consider the other 4x4 models on the market:
The 'soft' clutch on the prior model is a real headache and burns-out too easily

if they have not addressed this then look around !

TOMSK

Markfox

I would rather have a bigger engine than a little one that's why I bought a 3.0 hilux as its the biggest available next to the ford

its interesting regards volkswagen engines I wonder what the 5.0 v10 Diesel engine from the Touareg would be like in a Amarok ? :)

weejohn

Afriend of mine done the same and bought one of the last 3ltr hilux.

A 5ltr amorak would be some beast .

jackfish

Interesting answers, there are a few options with the different makers. One being Nissan nevara or ford ranger. Might have to reconsider my thinking.