New Intro and new to stalking - Surrey/Kent

Yeomans

Hi All,

I'm new to stalking and keen to get involved - based around Oxted in Surrey and looking to find a DSC1 course locally. All the BASC and BDS courses seem to be booked up for the foreseeable.

I've found the JelenPWS pre DSC1 course, but that's over an hours drive away and comes in at double the price of BASC.

Can anyone recommend and good training courses to give me a good introduction to stalking?

Many thanks

Matt

SCB

Welcome from Sussex
Did my course with Malcolm this year under BDS assessment. Glynn is a top guy so maybe see if they are running a course soon. Otherwise get yourself booked ahead as time flies and you will soon be there. I would recommend using the online DSC training facilities. I used dsctraining.org and it was invaluable. It allows you to sneak in a bit of learning at any opportunity even a spare 5 minutes and you will need to study a bit before turning up for the course.
good luck.

Yeomans

No doubt I will be running another annual Level 1 course next March.
Hi, thanks for letting me know. Where would the course be based?

I'm struggling to find any availability in Kent!

This may be a very basic question, but is it possible/advisable to go on accompanied stalks in advance of doing the DSC1?

bfltd0

This may be a very basic question, but is it possible/advisable to go on accompanied stalks in advance of doing the DSC1?
Absolutely!

There are advertised stalks on here and other fora. It would be very useful to get out on a stalk or two before DS1.

Apart from gaining valuable stalking experience, it will put the exam questions into context.

And you will have the opportunity to (at least) do a bit of zeroing - and hopefully shooting a beast.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Hi, thanks for letting me know. Where would the course be based?

I'm struggling to find any availability in Kent!

You have a PM from me.