New Member based in Orkney orginally from South Africa

JasonG

Just a bit about myself, I've been fortunate to hunt in South Africa since 2004.
I've now settled into life up here in Orkney with eye on starting my UK stalking chapter.
My favourite calibre is my trusty Ruger no1 in 7x57 and for bigger game I have a .375 H&H

I look forward to contributing and also learning from you all.
Thank you,
JasonG

Tim.243

Just a bit about myself, I've been fortunate to hunt in South Africa since 2004.
I've now settled into life up here in Orkney with eye on starting my UK stalking chapter.
My favourite calibre is my trusty Ruger no1 in 7x57 and for bigger game I have a .375 H&H

Thank you,
JasonG

Welcome from Essex

Tim.243

zambezi

Thank you,
JasonG

Welcome from Devon. I am a bit curious, a move from SA to Orkney: you ready for the climate difference? [Is nie moer koud, maar...]

Yr – Weather statistics for Orkney, Scotland (United Kingdom)
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa Weather Averages | Monthly Average High and Low Temperature | Average Precipitation and Rainfall days | World Weather Online

JasonG

Thank you Zambezi, ja its been an adjustment, its more the wind up here that can get really wild esp in winter!

Smelly Yeti

Welcome to the site Jason! Fairly regular visitor up to the Mainland & you can always measure the wind speed in the winter by how many layers of skin you've shed during the day :thumb: Not quite sure what sort of geese you're going to take out with the .375 though!