New Permission

Chris Rob

Friday night in my local, chatting to two friends who have a Goat farm two villages over from us & asked them if they had a bonfire on the go still as I knew they had cleared some trees & bushes last week & we were cutting down our Lylandii this weekend so wanted to shift the trunks & debris pronto.

No problem they said so Saturday after dumping 5 trailer loads on the bonfire & having a coffee or two with them they mentioned they wanted me to sit out for a Fox that had taken one of their geese & a couple of ducks in the last few weeks.

No problem I said & then the conversation turned to Deer & they said we are overrun at the moment do you think you can help with them as well! :eek: Didn't think they had that many up there as its quite open ground/grass fields with no wooded areas to speak of for a mile or so.

After biting their arm off at the shoulder I reluctantly agreed :D

So I've got 250 acres of stalking subject to police confirmation that the land is cleared for centerfire rifle which we think historically it is.

Happy days :D

Chris

Chris, congratulations and good luck on your permission. We were only chatting a couple of weeks ago on that subject.

techman said:
Chris, congratulations and good luck on your permission. We were only chatting a couple of weeks ago on that subject.

Cheers Eric, so we were, I was lucky enough to be in the right place & at the right time (propping up the bar). :D

We must meet up for that chat & a drink soon.

Chris

Good news! The local FEO called just now & he's confirmed land is cleared & even if it wasn't he knows the farm well & I would have been cleared by return phone call, top bloke.

Chris

Excellent news Rob. You are a lucky chap.
I`ve just picked up a 28 acre field, i walked it and found this by a pond.
007-2.jpg

basil.

Sorry Rob, i`m hijacking your thread here.
I`m hoping to get the next field along from this one, about thirty ish acres.
Every little helps!!
basil.

basil said:
Sorry Rob, i`m hijacking your thread here.
I`m hoping to get the next field along from this one, about thirty ish acres.
Every little helps!!
basil.

No problem Basil, good luck with the 30 acres.

Chris

Man that looks like such a nice place!! even if it is just to sit and cotemplate the world!!

Roedinator said:
basil what you gonna do with that high seat by the pond
flight a few ducks :lol: :lol:
nice bit of land mate very theraputic
I`ve got to do some homework first but i`m contemplating asking if i can put a few ducks and geese on the pond though it`s not very big. If the owner says yes then i`ll do some clearing to find out the size of it. There`s a few foxes that need sorting also.
It`s a very quiet place to be.
basil.

basil just a word of caution mate we will have to go
a bit carefull using words such as THERAPUTIC AND
CONTEMPLATING were meant to be thick in somerset :lol: :lol:
some smart ass will reply now saying ive spelt it wrong

Back