New Pulsar Lite Units

Cygnus

Hi All
Is it too soon after the launch, or does anyone know of any video footage of the Pulsar XV23 and XV30 units ?
I need something with a maximum detection range of about 500mts and these look like they would fit the bill.
I see Edinburgh Rifles are offering the XV23 at what looks like a good price, although using a 8x56 scope, I wonder if
the larger mag model would be better, giving a similar image size.

Cheers

Alan

Hi
I have had the XQ23 Lite for a few months now
It will pick up heat sources well over 500m 800m plus easy. i have also used earlier models hd50s hd38s and i can say that the xq23 lite is as good as if not better a truly great asset and top value for money unit.
I have friends on our syndicate that have much higher value units who are surprised at the xq23 performance.
As said by others it is an addition to stalking skills, and does not replace stalking skills.hope this helps.
Regards Bally

There was a thread a few months back where someone had kindly posted some photos and video from their XQ30V - Thread is here.

They look pretty decent for the money it has to be said!

I've used all the units extensively in the field.

The quantum lite are good for the money but there not comparable to a Helion model or even the old Quantum HD/XD/XQ 38/50 models.

The quantum lite will pickup rabbit sized heat spots at a maximum around 250yds, and I mean dots, foxes 350yds, not ID, you can just see a white blob, the lens is flat and almost plastic like, focus adjustment is minimal, as if adjusting the lens doesn't do much. The field of view is great being 2.5x mag, due to the lower quality lens, detail and background terrain detail is a lot worse than on the larger aspheric lensed Helion models.. For the money there a still a great buy, nothing comes close for there under £1300 price tag.

In comparison the next model up Helion XQ38F offers more magnification and image and background detail due to the larger lens, which personally I think is worth the extra, increasing lens size also helps when weather conditions are not ideal also.

Kind of answered my question in your last paragraph ......
But I’ll confirm it anyway....

In your opinion and use age ....

You think the helion 38 is worth the extra £700 ish over a xq30 lite?

Paul

Kind of answered my question in your last paragraph ......
But I’ll confirm it anyway....

In your opinion and use age ....

You think the helion 38 is worth the extra £700 ish over a xq30 lite?

Paul

Personally yes, better lens, better detail, also the Helion is waterproof IPX7 rated, as well as the other features, like recording, firmware updates, PIP, etc

Back