new rifle today

right-shot

on my way to pick up a new Browning A bolt with wildcat Mod in .243 for a nice price of £650
they might be getting on but if its not broken it don't need fixing.
have anyone owned the A bolt and what was your experience?

Woodsmoke

I've had two. My current stalking rifle, an A-Bolt 1 Hunter in .270, and an A-Bolt II Medallion in 22-250. Both superb rifles, with some great features! I love the removable box mag, and the shotgun-style safety in particular. I sold my 22-250 as I wasn't using it, but have a slot for .223 and will be replacing the 22-250 with another A-Bolt. I think they're an absolutely superb rifle. Both more accurate than I'm capable of being, and with really good finishes. The Medallion in particular was exquisite

Woodsmoke

short bolt lift

Of course! I've got so used to that that I forget about it. One downside I can think of with the A-Bolt is that the safety is only 2-position, so when unloading it you need to remember the trigger is live until the chamber is cleared. I've never actually found this to be an issue though

Kjf

Had them in 223, 243 and now got a 308,

for a budget rifle you can't go wrong,

mine have all shot PPU within an inch at 100 yds

enjoy it mate:thumb:

kjf

Last edited:

alberta boy

They're a good solid rifle , nothing fancy , but work well . They're pretty hard to beat at that price point . I like the safety arrangement , but as Woodsmoke pointed out , a certain level of awareness is necessary when unloading . Like him , I've never found it to be a problem though . I'm sure you'll come to like it .

AB