New Rifle Web site

sandersj89

Are we allowed to mention other forums??

Never asked before, even though I run a general shooting/countrysports forum but have never plugged it here as not sure of the etiquette.

Jerry

Beowulf

Hi Jerry,
I think that its okay to mention other forums. Many of the members of this site use other forums. I personally don't because I get fed up of running into the trolls of this site hiding on other sites.

What is your site called?

sandersj89

Beowulf said:
Hi Jerry,
I think that its okay to mention other forums. Many of the members of this site use other forums. I personally don't because I get fed up of running into the trolls of this site hiding on other sites.

What is your site called?
Trolls...yeah, we have had a few of them too in the past!!!

My site is http://shootingcommunity.co.uk/

Much of the content is still being developed but the forum has been running for a while now:

http://shootingcommunity.co.uk/forum/

The site came about when the sporting countryside site folded due to "issues", read trolls…...

Myself and another member decided to pick up the baton and start afresh. So far it has been great with 3 exceptions as far as membership goes, trolls though are often not that hard to spot.

The site is aimed at all country sports with a family orientated approach, we have a junior section and junior members, so we try and keep things "clean" as much as possible.

Some very experienced members, shooters of all disciplines, dog handlers, gamekeepers, rough shooters, etc, etc.

If you drop by say hello, I use the shame name on all forums I use so there is no hiding for me!

Thanks

Jerry

Beowulf

A very good website Sanders and some names I recognise from this site. Well done and good luck! :D

As for trolls it might be an idea to share info amongst the hunting sites. That way they will have nowhere to hide. ;)

sandersj89

Beowulf said:
A very good website Sanders and some names I recognise from this site. Well done and good luck! :D

As for trolls it might be an idea to share info amongst the hunting sites. That way they will have nowhere to hide. ;)
Many thanks, I hope we can make a thing of it ..... :D

More than happy to share details of trolls, IP addresses are the best way but even they can be masked.

Jerry

Beowulf

What we have done on here before with trolls is watch for the way a troll writes or how he reacts to a certain subject such as "Isn't the Tikka T3 Lite the best rifle ever"! One dumb troll fell for that one three times under three different names! We then watched for his responses to other questions and then bagged him!

I'd make a lousey troll because I 'always use too many quote marks' and exclaimation marks!!!! A dead give away! :lol:

Trolls try to hide their little give aways, but eventually they slip back to their sloppy habits. 8)

stone

hi sanders
just had a look and well looks a tidy site
may even look in myself from time to time
as for the trolls i am pretty good at spotting them just not perfected the kill as yet but i get plenty of help from the others on this site no one enjoys them but you hav to fight the good fight at times
good luck with the site
stone

sandersj89

Beowulf said:
What we have done on here before with trolls is watch for the way a troll writes or how he reacts to a certain subject such as "Isn't the Tikka T3 Lite the best rifle ever"! One dumb troll fell for that one three times under three different names! We then watched for his responses to other questions and then bagged him!
Funny enough, most of the problems we have had in the past have been around gun dogs, people can get so emotive about one dog vs the next. After that it is rifle calibres..... :rolleyes:

Beowulf said:
Trolls try to hide their little give aways, but eventually they slip back to their sloppy habits. 8)
To be a liar/troll you need a good memory, if you dont you get found out soon enough!

Jerry

sandersj89

stone said:
hi sanders
just had a look and well looks a tidy site
may even look in myself from time to time
as for the trolls i am pretty good at spotting them just not perfected the kill as yet but i get plenty of help from the others on this site no one enjoys them but you hav to fight the good fight at times
good luck with the site
stone
Thanks Stone, everyone is more than welcome, and if you can spot a troll before I do I might let you take the shot, practise makes perfect.... :lol:

sandersj89

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
They are basically a pain in the backside and enjoy upsetting people, best way to deal with them is to ignore them and they get bored.

Jerry

Beowulf

:lol: No Legal my old mate I'm not calling your T3 a troll gun! :lol: But if you look back through the threads on this site, the very mention of the T3 would send the likes of 'Bradley' (The first troll on here) and his various reincarnations; into a fit of the 'screaming abdabs'! :lol: Very funny and highly entertaining baiting trolls.

I've tried to ignore them, but troll bashing is a hell of a lot of fun. :evil:
Its a bit like Dr Who, the Darleks and the Cybermen always comeback to try and conquer the world time after time. Quick everyone, get behind the sofa, the trolls are coming! :eek:

stone

welcome back leagle
hope you had a good time while we all soaked up the good old british weather , presume you are now trapped by that band of gold :lol:
only joking mate
nice to see you back

legaleagle69

Lol... nah this was just an expeditionary force checking the lie of the land before we invade on masse next year :lol:

There had been a 7 year drought in Oz soon as I went it ****ed it down typical, went to NZ been dry for months went there heavens opened arghhh :rolleyes:
But still had a great time unfortunately due to circumstances conspiring against me didn't get to go hunting, however did a lot of fishing which I hadn't done for ages which was fun

Hopefully see you all next week at Quex

alled12

Just as a matter of course I also inhabit this forum:
www.ukvarminting.com
Interesting place, lots of tech knowledge and good guys. Tend to pick of trolls at long range on that one.
Legal what did you catch in NZ mate anything interesting?