new sako 85 hunter

Night Vision Store

simon1979

I decided to get a new sako 85 hunter im really looking forward to getting it but theres a 6 month wait as there built to order.
really hope its worth the wait
atb
Simon

jimsim

Im sure it will be worth it mate I love my 85 cracking bit of kit I have the syn stainless model though
Got your message to mate iv got alot of brass now at the moment cheers took 3 foxes and a muntie with me homeloads yesty evening with is giving me good confidance in them so il stick with the sako brass at the mo
Take care jim

paul o'

you won't regret it mty and get a light mod for it if you are going to say hardy g4! i'got a t8 on my .308 s/s but moveing away to lighter mods buy a lot .t8's are good but heavy

simon1979

its a long wait, but worth it.
no worries jim, glad the reloading is going well, mines on hold at the moment, have really got the time, fountains are keeping me busy surveying at the moment
catch you soon
atb
simon

murrayb

6 month wait? Seriously?

I have two 85's and love them... seriously good kit and worth the money ... but what are you ordering for a 6 month wait?

simon1979

i ordered a 85 hunter but with a stainless barrel, if id gone for blue barrel i could have it as soon as i get my FAC back.
but befor i decided to get a sako i was looking at a t3, but again it was a 6 month wait for stainless and wood stock. not every ones choice i know.

jimsim

Pes t12 scout is what I have si and it seem s to be a cracking mod balances well on my 85

bongo

I have a atec cmm4 on my 85 hunter , great mod which does not upset the balance , make sure to get a calibre specific mod , as ie a 30cal mod will work on a 223 , But imo you may as well not bother . Fantastic rifle its well worth the wait .

simon1979

Its in .308, but they havent got any in stock.
yep really looking forward to get it. Just hate waiting
Atb
si

Last edited:

MattyD

Have to say I like an 85... Got a couple, one in stainless laminate varmint .243, and an 85 hunter in 6.5 x 55mm.
Bot shoot very well...
I've got an atec on the swede, and the balance is spot on..
The Hunter 85 in Stainless would be worth in the wait... Patience is a virtue!! :cool:

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing