New Sections

Beowulf

Hi All,
I was only thinking this evening that we could do with getting rid of the 'News' section off the site because it’s a complete pain in the ass searching for stories that you will all most likely read in the shooting mags anyway.
So how about we have a 'News Hounds' section and all the members can post news that they think will interest the site. Regional, national and even worldly news from our European, American and Colonial members.

What do you think?

Also what other sections would you like to see? Wadas and Stone wanted to run a section on 'Ethnic and cultural awareness issues'. :eek: :lol: I think not! :lol:

Really Mr B I thought Wada's wanted a section on the history of Tea Drinking and its impact on the social life style of the northern races :lol: :lol:

Ey up Wada's hope to catch up with you at the CLA :lol:

A friend once brought me a bumper sticker back from the states with the slogan

"Vegetarian = Old Indian word for Lousy Hunter"

Come come, Pete in this modern world we must br PC, surely it would have to be Readers Partners, then the Texas heart shot is covered as well :eek: :eek:

John

Well yes I was thinking of putting up a ladies section to get more of the fairer folk involved. But I also like the idea of seeing chicks with guns . ;) :lol:

How about a Faults Page?

Rifle makes/Equipment are listed, people who then discover problems with them can list the fault and if they know a cure then also post that?

If there is enough evidence of the same fault on a specific rifle/equipment make/model, (probably a Blaser) then maby the Manufacturer can be approached.... for warrenty.

It would need to be monitored so that the thread doesn't get all messed up with non relevant info, but this could be deleted by the Moderator for the section.....

People who discover a fault then read through the relevant Make/Model thread, see if it's been listed before, if it has, add to the section that you have the same fault. If not then create that Make/Model fault.....

Any Thoughts :confused: :confused: :confused:

Good idea, but legal advice might be useful here - don't want manufacturers suing us over spreading hearsay!

in the news box you could always use an rss feed to get the latest news from the beeb or shooting times so it is self updating

I think it`s a great idea to have a news section ;)

As you might imagine, i am always interested in the latest new teas that have come onto the market Malcom :lol: and also cultural awareness issues that happen within our communities of all races, creeds, genders, faiths, or persuasions :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: .

I have been talking to Mr B regarding the CLA Malcom, but i think i may have to play it by ear for the moment, as i will have been on nights on the friday, so might make it a bit awkward. :(

Going back to the news, i was reading in the Sun yesterday in the money section, (Trying to get an idea where i can get some from) :rolleyes: and i read about how shooting, primarily pheasants, and also some outfitters and hunt organisers were taking a bit of a battering with the lack of bookings. Obviously this is brought on by the rising costs of feed, medications, and money from clients etc. Estates are having to pass these costs onto the syndicate members and as a result some of the big estates which in the past have been inpossible to get onto are now finding that they have days available :rolleyes: , one particular exclusive estate was in Oxfordshire, but forgot the name.

That`s all from news at ten with me Trevor Mcdoughnut :lol:

wadas

monynut said:
Will we be getting the rut section back as the roe rut is just around the corner.

as i only joined last october , i never saw this
tells us more about it please?
might even be the start of something ;)

wadashot said:
one particular exclusive estate was in Oxfordshire, but forgot the name.

That`s all from news at ten with me Trevor Mcdoughnut :lol:

wadas

Wadas, I don't ever remember Trevor McDoughnut saying, "I would tell you but I forgot!" :lol:

Stone,

You young wippersnapper, The rut section is where Stone can post up messages to his mate Andy L. about all the bucks he has on his land waiting for Andy L. to come up and snot them! :lol:

I think it would be a good idea to have a ladies section. It would be nice to talk to other like minded people and of course keep tabs on you all men

What do other ladies think?

Although what I had in mind seems to differ from the rest of you.

Pete E - Readers Wives Section
Beowulf: Chicks With Guns!!!

Does this mean we are having Young Bucks with Big Weapons?

Mrs Gyr

Back