New Swaro low powered 'scope

EMcC

Has anybody heard anything about a new introduction to the Swaro range of low powered 'scopes?
I heard to day that they were introducing a .75 to 6 x ???? red dot 'scope, small and light.
It is to compete with the Aimpoint but not much info was taken in because the guy being spoken to wasn't that interested.

TonyC

[h=2]SEE MORE. ACT FASTER.[/h]SWAROLIGHTSWAROCLEAN
[h=3]Z8i 0.75-6x20 L[/h]Designed by SWAROVSKI OPTIK for driven hunts, the Z8i 0.75-6x20 L with 8x zoom means you never miss any of the action. Thanks to VIEWPLUS 0.75x magnification, this rifle scope offers 30% more field of view, while the D-I reticle has been reduced to a single point of focus to enable an unobscured view of the target. The CLICKONE function has a tangible click so that you know when you have reached 1x magnification. You can also customize the light, compact Z8i 0.75-6x20 L to suit your particular hunting needs with our range of top-quality accessories.

• [*=center]
    D-I.png
    D-I[FONT=swarovski !important]

[/FONT]

Visit our subtension dimension program and ballistic program for additional useful information.

EMcC

Eddy not available here yet and is currently circa £2150 in Sweden tony
Oh Krikey, that will have to go on my Christmas list but not in time for this season by the sound of it unfortunately.
I am still toying with the idea of getting the Aimpoint H30S but the prices vary and the cheapest I have been quoted, and ordered from, is taking a long time to appear :(

Lateral

Eddy
not available here yet and is currently circa £2150 in Sweden
tony

Yes it is, I've seen several. Swillington had at least one, and I'm sure Forrest Lodge had one, certainly a few weeks ago.

It's VERY nice, I just can't justify changing from my 1-6x24, but wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new one.

TonyC

Oh Krikey, that will have to go on my Christmas list but not in time for this season by the sound of it unfortunately.
I am still toying with the idea of getting the Aimpoint H30S but the prices vary and the cheapest I have been quoted, and ordered from, is taking a long time to appear :(

Look at the Vortex - I have the latest The Crossfire, small compact and a lot cheaper and complete guarantee given by Vortex. (I have a spare Vortex Sparc and a Vortex Strikefire also)

TonyC

Yes it is, I've seen several. Swillington had at least one, and I'm sure Forrest Lodge had one, certainly a few weeks ago.

It's VERY nice, I just can't justify changing from my 1-6x24, but wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new one.

OK but Swaro website is not giving a UK stockist and is only giving a price in Swedish Kroner - strange !

EMcC

I've just looked at Swillington's web site and sure enough they do have one in stock but looking at it I don't think that is what I expected.
I have a 1.2 - 6 x 24 Swaro and it would make a nice Priest :) I am looking for something smaller and possibly lighter.
I have looked at the Vortex Crossfire and the Aimpoint, both in stock at Optics warehouse and both on their 60 day trial so it looks as if I might give them a chance to take some of my hard earned ;)

Bandit

So James were you impressed enough to shell out 2k+ ? Can I look forward to seeing yours in October ;)
Eddie it was good , but already got the z6i and aim point on the 06 and can't see the point of changing a system I have a lot of confidence in . Looking forward to October mate

John Gryphon

A great scope for our bush stalking and I would love one but once again Swarovski has let us down by initiating prices that only the monied can really afford.

Heym SR20

I have had a bit of a play with these 30mm straight tubed scopes - admittadly not this latest Swaro, but both Docter and S&B. Because fo the 30mm tube they have a very wide field or view at 1 or 1.25 power. Put it like this I can see my rear sight in the image.

What I don't like about them, is their bulk, especially on a double gun. If they would make a 1" tubed version, that would be wonderful. You may loose a little in field of view, but not much. Leupold did make a a 1" 1-4x20 and its a lovely little scope, but let down by a fine duplex reticle.

If you want a 1x optic, a little Docter red dot sight may be much better - but they are a bit marmite - love em or hate em. I would just use open sights, but with a scope in claws for a bit longer range or more precise shots.

Southern

Leupold will put about any reticle into its scopes for you, and for a very reasonable price. It is just a special order.
Leupold VX-R scopes are excellent.

Weaver makes several 1 inch straight tube scopes, and some small ones with German #4 reticle with illuminated red dot.
Swift makes one.
Bushnell makes a slim and compact TAC 30.

Bushnell makes a 1-inch tube 1-4x for the AR15, but it can take heavier recoil.
They also make a more compact 30mm scope, with illumination.

Primary Arms 1-4x 30mm scope with German #4 and red dot is hard to beat for the price: $119.00 here in the USA

Heym SR20

Leupold will put about any reticle into its scopes for you, and for a very reasonable price. It is just a special order.
Leupold VX-R scopes are excellent.

Weaver makes several 1 inch straight tube scopes, and some small ones with German #4 reticle with illuminated red dot.
Swift makes one.
Bushnell makes a slim and compact TAC 30.

Bushnell makes a 1-inch tube 1-4x for the AR15, but it can take heavier recoil.
They also make a more compact 30mm scope, with illumination.

Primary Arms 1-4x 30mm scope with German #4 and red dot is hard to beat for the price: $119.00 here in the USA

Yup, but we are in the UK, and trying to do special order from US on an firearms related stuff is just a nightmare with all the arms controls from yourside of the pond ;))

alberta boy

Look at the Vortex - I have the latest The Crossfire, small compact and a lot cheaper and complete guarantee given by Vortex. (I have a spare Vortex Sparc and a Vortex Strikefire also)

I have a Vortex SPARC on my Marlin 45/70 . It works great . I've fired an awful lot of stiff 400 gr loads with it on my rifle with and have had no issues . As you point out , their warrantee is really good . I'm sure the Swaro is an amazing optic , but that's a lot of cake for glass .

AB