Wanted: New Syndicate around Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Gloucestershire and into S Wales

Scotty99

Hi,

Before everyone gets excited this is not a post advertising availability of stalking.

Having had a number of PMs with a couple of people on here all of us looking for stalking in the above areas, I have decided to reach out to anyone else who might be interested in forming a syndicate and taking a lease on a suitable piece of land, assuming that there is some available.

As we all know stalking is all about money these days and trying to find a permission on your own is difficult and trying to take a lease on your own is economically impossible.

So that got me to thinking if we could a get a small group together to form a syndicate and work out what sort of budget we could put together, we just might be able to offer sufficient cash to secure some stalking rights.

I know there are a lot of variables to be considered such as cost of stalking rights, acreage of land, number of deer present, number of deer that can sensibly taken, agreement with land owner on venison etc..... and all this assuming that we could find some land in the first place.

So just wondering who out there might be interested.

CarlW

Hi,

Before everyone gets excited this is not a post advertising availability of stalking.

Having had a number of PMs with a couple of people on here all of us looking for stalking in the above areas, I have decided to reach out to anyone else who might be interested in forming a syndicate and taking a lease on a suitable piece of land, assuming that there is some available.

As we all know stalking is all about money these days and trying to find a permission on your own is difficult and trying to take a lease on your own is economically impossible.

So that got me to thinking if we could a get a small group together to form a syndicate and work out what sort of budget we could put together, we just might be able to offer sufficient cash to secure some stalking rights.

I know there are a lot of variables to be considered such as cost of stalking rights, acreage of land, number of deer present, number of deer that can sensibly taken, agreement with land owner on venison etc..... and all this assuming that we could find some land in the first place.

So just wondering who out there might be interested.
I would be up for a conversation about being involved financially but I couldn't commit to being on the ground year-round because of my commitments abroad and elsewhere.

Send me a PM if you want to chat.

Kindest regards,

Carl

tikka_madras

Seems a good idea until you look into the fact that you could be out bidding a stalker already on the ground because a collective will have more buying power than a single stalker.

Stalking is in short supply. I think I’d rather a collective all managed to get out than one guy had an occasional lovely wander. Sad, but these are the times we live in.

James0586

Starr shot, the problem seems to be a handful of people have it all tied up and they very rarely use it. I’ve knocked many doors in the area mentioned and shut down by landowners saying they have someone on here already who comes every now and again. That’s frustrating.

Starr shot, the problem seems to be a handful of people have it all tied up and they very rarely use it. I’ve knocked many doors in the area mentioned and shut down by landowners saying they have someone on here already who comes every now and again. That’s frustrating.
Some times every now and then is enough it’s very easy to shoot out an area. You can only shoot it dead once.

Stalking is in short supply. I think I’d rather a collective all managed to get out than one guy had an occasional lovely wander. Sad, but these are the times we live in.
Which all well and good unless your the unfortunate stalker who’s been on the permission for years.Best way to have and keep stalking is buy the land .Expensive but at least a certainty

James0586

Starr shot, I agree every now and again is enough but these areas have high volumes of deer..... nobody wants to shoot an area out but just to shoot would be nice!

Scotty99

All,

Thanks for your responses to those that have PMd me I'll get back to you all in the next day or so.

Yes I have wrestled with the ethics of this for some time, in terms of is this going to do some one out of their existing stalking, and it does concern me a little. However like a few people who have responded I just want to be able to get out with my rifle on land I have permission to stalk on and take the occaision beast. If we could form a syndicate of like minded people and get some stalking that would be great. Also if a land owner is interested in taking on a new syndicate it may be because he / she is dissatisfied in some way with the current arrangement. Anyway we shall see as we go forward.