New Tata SUV is now out in India

Bavarianbrit

Called the Harrier (cheek), it says that it is based on an existing LR platform 2 litre 140 horses. It was quite large like a KIA SUV with a long flat boot behind the rear seat. web page shows a 95% automated assembly line to control the build quality.
Only available in 4x2 at moment as that is the first target sales group. Indian price shows it as £16.5K. I was in a Delhi showroom this morning.

Apthorpe

Looks interesting - bit like an Evoque?
Seems to have a cheapened LR platform with lower grade steel in areas and more basic suspension and a Fiat engine.
Is is called a Harrier because of its vigorous vertical movement over bumps?

Hudson12

It will be pure dog Shxt a firm I worked for bought four pickups nothing but trouble and scrapped before they were due mot

mealiejimmy

Called the Harrier (cheek), it says that it is based on an existing LR platform 2 litre 140 horses. It was quite large like a KIA SUV with a long flat boot behind the rear seat. web page shows a 95% automated assembly line to control the build quality.
Only available in 4x2 at moment as that is the first target sales group. Indian price shows it as £16.5K. I was in a Delhi showroom this morning.
Not the first car to be called a Harrier.
The best selling Lexus SUV, the RX300/400/450 has been selling in Japan as the Toyota Harrier for many years.
It's quite possible that Tata have simply nicked the name from Toyota

Cheers

Bruce

Bavarianbrit

D
It will be pure dog Shxt a firm I worked for bought four pickups nothing but trouble and scrapped before they were due mot
Driven a Tata Xenon now for last 3 years 50K kms no problems.
After 50 years designing them I will not pay the inflated prices being asked for basically tin boxes on four wheels that have not moved forward architecturally in 40 odd years, nowt new out there, just bags of electronics waiting to get surface corrosion from aircon function and then fail. Beats me why so many folk go along with the industry ripoff.