new to the 243 scene

bignoel

hi i am new to the 243 scene i bought my self a remi 700 with a T8 mod and it seems to work well i have a unnamed glass n her and doesnt seem to move so set up is sound . i shot my first pair of fallow this week at around 120 yrds and was clean .now last night i shot 2 foxes at around 100 yrd mark and bugger me a 80gr shell almost tore them in to to halfs win 80gr soft point .love this new shooting.

shootingduckdog

oh dear

Oh Dear I really feel for you. You've suffered both addictions in the same week. Theres no going back now :D

Well done on the fallow and especially the foxes at this time of year. With regards to the foxes dead is dead and you wont mangle all of them. I used to use 95gr soft points and it didnt always mangle them, always killed em tho.

bignoel

you are right deer/fox caught up now lol mangled fox i am not worried about was just realy surprised to see the damage at least its clean kill i shot both same place head on in chest and the exit was 3/4 of the way down the back takeing all with it savage .but at least its 2 more foxes off the ground .spotted a lovely fallow stag big trophy on him and 4 does with him for another day thou .

Roe Hunter

Yep, the 243 is definitly addictive - I love mine, especially as it puts my favourite meat in the freezer, and puts Charlie beyond any hope of ever chasing rabbits or chickens again on my shoots!
RH