New toy!!

Tomm

image.jpgHere is my new foxing/ varmint rifle. She's a tikka t3 varmint in .204 ruger. A Swarovski 3.5-18x44BT scope and a pes t12 scout moderator. About to load up some round and start the barrel break in and load development. Going to be a fun day at the range tomorrow! Just to find the same rifle in .270 now! Comments welcome!

Got my tikka in 204 last year cracking little round , heaps of fun to be had. Enjoy yourself tomm , I still am :)

View attachment 30278Here is my new foxing/ varmint rifle. She's a tikka t3 varmint in .204 ruger. A Swarovski 3.5-18x44BT scope and a pes t12 scout moderator. About to load up some round and start the barrel break in and load development. Going to be a fun day at the range tomorrow! Just to find the same rifle in .270 now! Comments welcome!
good choice what bullet you did you decide on

I acquired a 204 here a few months ago. Older Sako S491 rebarreled. I don't think the previous owner even fired the new tube.

Anyway, it is shooting one hole groups with factory ammo. I haven't got around to loading for it yet, but I'll get this done over the next month.

Needs three clicks less than the 22/250 to ring the 400 yard gong. (Gongs are 80mm in diameter.)

Got some v-max and sbk to try out. Looks like its going to have to wait a few days tho as one of our spaniels has cut open her leg so is staples up at the moment so best not leave her alone. Been out shooting much?

Got some v-max and sbk to try out. Looks like its going to have to wait a few days tho as one of our spaniels has cut open her leg so is staples up at the moment so best not leave her alone. Been out shooting much?
no mate no shooting for a while now Charlie is gone quiet nothing on the trail cams for weeks just got my gear set up for reloading in the new cottage so hopefully up the range next week to blast the cobwebs off few foxes seen out on the north farm but they aint hurting anything more than rabbits if they come closer my way I will interview one or two looking forward to the corn ripening so I can bash a few crows with the 12 bore that'll fill a gap for a few days hope the dog comes right soon see ya up the range all being well

Update, found the most accurate load to be 23.6gr rl10 in a norma case, 39g sbk and remmy primer. Managed a group that could be covers by a five pence at 100 yards. Then pushed it to 300 to set up the balistic turret and the group only opened to about 1.9 inches edge to edge, can't say how happy I am with this set up, just to get out on the foxes now!

Back