New UK Ammunition Manufacturer

I'll not debate this here, thanks for your concern. We have paid insured professionals well versed in the packaging and transportation of UN1002 ammo which is classed 1.4s. It's a group III item

The full code for one of our boxes on the LOCEF database not exceeding 40kg is:
UN0012 (1.4s with symbol) 4G/Y 30/s/20(year of manufacture so may vary) /A/PA-02/3780

The inner packaging is not relevant and technically the box can be filled with loose ammunition with no packaging (alarming I know) In fact if you really know your onions you'll be able to spot my deliberate mistake in the code considering I say max 30kg considering the UN is 0012? and group III?

As much as I'd like to allay all of your concerns and start searching out and writing down numerous packaging codes for varying weights I have work to do, have a great day.

Locef looks to down for maintenance at this time but I doubt it would reveal much as it records U.K. classification data and the box code you have quoted looks to have originated from outside the U.K.

Clearly you have not done either the VCA packaging testing or HSE explosive article classification that requires a bonfire test.

You cannot just make ammunition assume it is 1.4s and package it another manufactures box, that is wrong in so many ways. As a fireman you should know why we have ADR.

Locef looks to down for maintenance at this time but I doubt it would reveal much as it records U.K. classification data and the box code you have quoted looks to have originated from outside the U.K.

Clearly you have not done either the VCA packaging testing or HSE explosive article classification that requires a bonfire test.

You cannot just make ammunition assume it is 1.4s and package it another manufactures box, that is wrong in so many ways. As a fireman you should know why we have ADR.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see where the relevance of the finer detail of packageing legality is of use to the end user, us. The vast majority of us accept that commercially
available ammunition will arrive in the correct packaging.
May I politely suggest that, if you are trying to help S R Ammo in their endeavour, using the PM feature might be more helpful to him? :)

I'm sorry, but I fail to see where the relevance of the finer detail of packageing legality is of use to the end user, us. The vast majority of us accept that commercially
available ammunition will arrive in the correct packaging.
May I politely suggest that, if you are trying to help S R Ammo in their endeavour, using the PM feature might be more helpful to him? :)

Have PM him hopefully he will take up the suggestion I have made.

The relevance is the classification and packing of dangerous goods is to ensure safe transport and storage when going about are everyday life.
Not the most exciting subject I grant you, but when it goes wrong the consequences can be serious i.e the Beirut blast.

Great news to have a new ammunition producer in the UK, particularly one who wants to engage with stalkers from the outset.

I’d be interested in being a tester.
I will be joining a colleague in September where we have to get through 300 wild Fallow (I’ll be there a while).
I shall be using a Roessler .243 with a 1:8 twist rate.
PM if you’re interested.

I’d definitely buy U.K. made lead free ammo as long as it’s coming in at around £3 a round or less. I’d happily buy some 6.5x55 and .30-06 when you get around to making it. Good luck and well done.

Well done, I'm interested in .243w. You will doubtless have a lot of people testing for you, but when you are producing commercially let me know and I'll take some. There is a dearth of non lead suppliers from Worcester to Peterborough.

Use fox home loaded sub 1/2 .270 be following to see if the factory can match or better it. The less loading the better for the same results .
So nice to read of a UK ammo maker again :tiphat: 🇬🇧

I'm really looking forward to the range of calibres being broadened. At the moment, the only one of those I shoot is .308. That's what happens when I insist on using obscure calibres I guess?!

Nice to see some UK manufacturing going on. It's the way it should be.

Back