Newbie says Hi

CDSG Shooting Sports

Welsh Guy

Hi.

My names is Guy and I am originally from just outside Cardiff though now living amidst the deer
and boar of the Forest of Dean.
I picked up my 1st gun aged 9 and mainly used the 12 bore, But finally got my FAC through about a year ago and have been going after the local rabbits and foxes.
I am looking to start getting into stalking this year so any advise on who or where would be warmly received.

Cheers

Guy

Moe 243

Welcome to the site Guy,
you will have no probs getting advice here you only have to ask.

Moe..

Welsh Guy

Thanks Mo. On the subject of advice and as I take it from your handle your a 243 man, would you recommend any particularly weight / type of bullet I know it can be specific to the gun but I could do with a starting point. I am reloading my own ammo at the mo but what would you recommend for Roe / Fallow? Some say 100grain min others 80 ???? What’s your take?
PS I have an SSG-69 in 243 with a 1 in 10 if that helps.
Cheers
Guy

BJS

Hi Guy,

Like you i am new joined yesterday, looks a great site lots of help and advice on this site.

I shoot in the forest as well, i use 98 grain RWS in a 243, has not failed me yet!

Welcome and straight shooting

Brian

Welsh Guy

Thanks for the Heads Up on the RWS must give that a try to see how it shoots in my rifle.
PS I live in the forest and cant seem to find any stalking Well Done, I must be going wrong somewhere.
Cheers
Guy

Moe 243

Hey, less of that strange lingo there,
Guy i'm loading 100grn Sierra Game king over 44.5 grns of v/v N160 for deer, "sub 1/2 inch at 100yrds, for fox & "roe sometimes" i use Hornady 87 grn sp over 39.5 grns of v/v N140 "1/2 inch group at 100yrds, both zeroed 1+1/2" high at 100yrds. In my Remmi .243 BDL , Apart from a Mcmillan stock the Rifle is bog standard out of the box.

The set up & ammo suits my shooting,"not a lot runs or walks away".
Cheers..
Moe...

Welsh Guy

Domo Arigato Moe ;)

Thanks for the heads up I have some vit N160 so I will give that a try and see if my SSG likes the 100's.

Cheers

Guy

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod