musty

hi everyone

i would just like to introduce myself as a new member. i have been reading articles on this this forum for quite a while and have found it very intersting.

i am fairly new to stalking but already addicted, i an attending my leval 1 next week at cirencester and was wondering if any one else from this ste is attending?

thanks in advance musty

sp4rkman

Hi Musty,

I'm quite new to the stalking scene and also to this forum. I'm on the DSC1 course in Cirencester too. Look forward to meeting you there!

Sp4rkman

Beowulf

Hi Musty,
Welcome to the site. It looks like you have made your first contact already with Sp4rkman. Good luck on the DSC1 and don't worry too much about it, I'm sure you will pass with flying colours! :D

smithp18

Good luck to you and Sp4rkman.
Just take your time and think twice before acting as one of the guys as said on a different thread.
Tendency on the event I was on was for people to rush and try and get it over with as fast as possible.
You all stay till the last as finished anyway.

Smithy

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Welcome Musty, and good luck to both of you on the course. One tip for the stalk, if you get the assessor to hold your wallet whilst you are having a tug on the hip flask, you are bound to fail :D :D .

Just relax and take your time, this game is not a race, remember that and you will be fine.

John

Gyr

Hi Musty

Good luck with your dsc1.
I was due to take mine in 2 weeks but it's been cancelled!!(not enough attending)
Look forward to reading your posts

Regards,

Gyr

stone

welcome musty
good luck with your level1
look forward to hearing how you got on and any other of your stalking experiences
good luck aswell sp4rkmanyou will enjoy it
stone

pheasant sniper 1

hi musty.. i am also a stalking newbie and new to this forum.. i passed my level 1 a couple of weeks back, great course i really enjoyed it and would recomend it to anyone.. my course content was hugely informative but above all was fun.. enjoy your course and good luck...

buckup

Good luck on the level 1 guys, and welcome aboard Musty. I look foreward to hearing all about it when you return.
Mark.

musty

thanks for all the welcome messages, iwill let you know how the course goes.

sp4rkman...i will wear a white tie and you wear a red rose, that way we will know who each other is, see you next week

musty

Ghostrifle

Welcome Musty

I am a novice at all this too started knowing nothing and now know next to nothing. One piece of advice I would give is to get someone to take you through the shooting test. I am sure most of the guys on here can help. I found that going through the format very useful when I came to the real thing. Mind you I came from air rifles and I am a recoil wuss.
Not for much longer however as I am after a .270win lol
Good luck

sp4rkman

Completed my DSC1 written and visual tests yesterday and then the shooting and safety tests today. Happy to report that it went well and passed them all first time round.

I know Musty did really well too.

sp4rkman

I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a bit from it. Being a "foreigner" and having limited experience/exposure with British deer species, laws, diseases etc, i found it very valuable and will certainly help me with my stalking.

stone

congrats to you sparky and musty
i learnt heaps when i took my level 1 over 10 strecth ago and am still learning now keep it up
stone

sp4rkman

The course certianly gives you a good grounding but i feel the only way to really learn is to be out there.