Nielsen Sonic performance

tomblincoe

Hi all,

Quite a few threads on here with people who have bought Nielsen Sonic bullets but not many reports of their terminal performance.

Who has used them in anger? Any reports/photos?

I have 140gr .30 to load for my .308 (planning on using N135). Any suggested loads would also be great.

Thanks

Tom

pip308

Hi Tom,

I have loaded the Nielsen in 6.5 120gr and 308 140gr. Grouping was very good, so far only shot a fallow buck with the 6.5 at about 30yards. Bloody trail was very good and with the impact velocity about 2800fps meat damage was very acceptable.

Phil

baguio

Hi all,

Quite a few threads on here with people who have bought Nielsen Sonic bullets but not many reports of their terminal performance.

Who has used them in anger? Any reports/photos?

I have 140gr .30 to load for my .308 (planning on using N135). Any suggested loads would also be great.

Thanks

Tom
Bit early to say as didn't get it set up until the season was all but over.

baguio

I heard a third hand report of pencilling through and a long tracking job ..... but it is very third hand so take it with a pinch of salt
Not sure that's even possible with Neilson bullets as it has 3 petals which 100% do break off giving 4 projectiles. If they do it on muntjac (which they do) then they're sure to do it on bigger deer. Too much damage is more of a worry to me than pencilling!