No more Mothers

Foxyboy43

Just when you thought it simply could not get worse Stonewall (some influential LGBT outfit - wot?) which apparently receives lots of our money and has a significant input to the Government on “equality” matters has advised that the word “Mother” should be replaced by “Parent who has given birth”! Just what planet are these people on, who comes up with this for heaven’s sake? Where does it all stop? Just think of the chaos that will ensue - even as I write Greetings Card manufacturers are throwing themselves on their letter-openers; americans are wracking their brains for another term of endearment; no-one will have a “mother” - which confirms a lot in some instances; “trendy” C of E types are re-writing the Lord’s Prayer - “Our parent who has not given birth.....”. Stop the world - I really do want to get off.
Mum! Oh Parent who has given birth...........
🦊🦊

Or alternatively we could all take a bit of a break from being outraged by something that seriously has no effect whatsoever on how we want to live our lives, and recognise that it’s simply a mechanism to distinguish between two (perfectly legally) married women, one of which has given birth, and one who hasn’t, both of whom are a child’s “mum”.

Seriously though, you live your life as you see fit, and let others do as they wish within the bounds of the legal framework of the country. You are being invited to be outraged by something which will have absolutely zero effect on your health, wellbeing or liberties, and have taken the bait

Or alternatively we could all take a bit of a break from being outraged by something that seriously has no effect whatsoever on how we want to live our lives, and recognise that it’s simply a mechanism to distinguish between two (perfectly legally) married women, one of which has given birth, and one who hasn’t, both of whom are a child’s “mum”.

Seriously though, you live your life as you see fit, and let others do as they wish within the bounds of the legal framework of the country. You are being invited to be outraged by something which will have absolutely zero effect on your health, wellbeing or liberties, and have taken the bait
Hmmmm. Perhaps you have missed the wider tenet my rant post? Our government is paying your money to an “out”fit which is promoting the corruption of your language and the value of terms such as “mother “ to suit its own extremely narrow agenda. The inclusion of substitutes for “mother” in any official documentation is quite honestly offensive to me and I suspect many (m)others and to flip their own perverted thinking if it causes anyone offence it is indeed an issue for those so offended and the offenders. I almost could have seen it if Germany Crowbin and Archimedes Abbot were in government but nonsense such as this and the source should be called for what it is and the funding removed forthwith. The more people stay quiet on matters such as this, the more of them will appear, until it becomes the new norm. Just my humble opinion.
🦊🦊

I now just ignore all laws and social conventions that were introduced subsequent to the year of my birth (1971). Life is nicer this way.

Incidentally, I have explained this policy to my FEO and he agrees.
I wish I could, so let's say from 1945 on. Prior to that non observance of these things may have ended with us being ruled by Germany. Oh wait a minute we nearly were in more recent times.

Oh dear, so I'm not allowed to have a mother after now? If that's the case then what happens to "Fathers" in these days of equality, political correctness and stupidity? Are we no longer allowed to call our dad "Father" and have to call them "men who sexually abused the person who gave birth"? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What a load of old tosh - Contrary to popular belief, like it or like it not I had a Mother and a Father, I was not hatched out in the sun under a gooseberry bush!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I now just ignore all laws and social conventions that were introduced subsequent to the year of my birth (1971). Life is nicer this way.

Incidentally, I have explained this policy to my FEO and he agrees.
So wise,
So young.

If you really want to hear outrage, speak with some of those individuals and groups who traditionally would have found a home within Stonewall.

IMHO the more people who question Stonewall's motives, their charitable status, and their funding, the better.

If you really want to hear outrage, speak with some of those individuals and groups who traditionally would have found a home within Stonewall.

IMHO the more people who question Stonewall's motives, their charitable status, and their funding, the better.
Good man! Sadly like me apparently a vocal minority!
🦊🦊

In my own opinion Willie we have reached an impasse that can never be changed. In my younger days one of our group of four was queer, as it was called then. No problems with any of us, after all it meant more lasses for us. We knew of several more folk that way inclined and although it was illegal we accepted folk for how they were, providing they didn't try to influence us.
Now in this mixed up society, everywhere one looks there are new weird and fragmented people about who haven't a clue about what they are. More kids are going wonky and having mental problems than ever, and the poor little souls are apparently missing out on their social interaction because of missing school. I dread to think what children will be like being brought up in same sex families. It makes me wonder, having led an ordinary child hood, sucking lead painted toys and before that my cot, how we survived. We killed rats, laid them all out, then ate bread and cheese without washing hands, we bathed once a week in a tin bath and we didn't die. I'm afraid this society we live in is doomed to every disease going now as people are too clean, of too many various sexes and so mixed up and woke it cannot survive much longer.

Getting offended by people who get offended, everyone one is at it these days, I thank my lucky stars that I can get on with doing something more productive, like eating my own tomatoes, picking up a gun or fishing rod, walking with my dog, & trying to enjoy the time I have on this amazing planet. And when I do this, I realise that none of this stuff that annoys & offends really matters, just concentrate on the things that bring you joy. Amen.

Getting offended by people who get offended, everyone one is at it these days, I thank my lucky stars that I can get on with doing something more productive, like eating my own tomatoes, picking up a gun or fishing rod, walking with my dog, & trying to enjoy the time I have on this amazing planet. And when I do this, I realise that none of this stuff that annoys & offends really matters, just concentrate on the things that bring you joy. Amen.
Ahem - your last word - technically perhaps you mean “Parents who cannot bear children” rather than the traditional beseeching of God........
🦊🦊

In my own opinion Willie we have reached an impasse that can never be changed. In my younger days one of our group of four was queer, as it was called then. No problems with any of us, after all it meant more lasses for us. We knew of several more folk that way inclined and although it was illegal we accepted folk for how they were, providing they didn't try to influence us.
Now in this mixed up society, everywhere one looks there are new weird and fragmented people about who haven't a clue about what they are. More kids are going wonky and having mental problems than ever, and the poor little souls are apparently missing out on their social interaction because of missing school. I dread to think what children will be like being brought up in same sex families. It makes me wonder, having led an ordinary child hood, sucking lead painted toys and before that my cot, how we survived. We killed rats, laid them all out, then ate bread and cheese without washing hands, we bathed once a week in a tin bath and we didn't die. I'm afraid this society we live in is doomed to every disease going now as people are too clean, of too many various sexes and so mixed up and woke it cannot survive much longer.

I couldn't agree with you more.

In my career I have worked alongside people of every conceivable creed, colour and sexual persuasion. I"ve got on fine with them all, using the same principles of Martin Luther King "people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." We were simply colleagues working in a team.

Today's identity politics is destroying this - the focus now more about "what you are" than "who you are". That leads to concentrating more on the differences between people than the similarities. It is not going to end well.

The irony is, these idiots calling for ever more labels are the very ones who demand acceptance and integration in the first place. 'We just want to be accepted as normal', is the cry. Yet barely a week passes without some cretinous weirdo complaining about something that immediately marks them out as anything but normal

Back