Norfolk firearm dept waiting time

Geoff9

I did 1 back in the summer it took about 5 weeks. I chased it up after 4 weeks and got the reply that it had to go before a manager for a decision. I replied that I would be disposing of a 7.62 and not asking for a replacement slot for that in the very near future seemed to do the trick. Hearsay from a rfd suggests that because my 1 for 1 involved a S.1 shotgun slot, that has to go up the chain. Needless to say, I was removing not asking for a S.1 shotgun slot and intending to buy a .243 rifle. I spoke to Katie a couple of times who seemed as exasperated as I.
All worked out in the end though.

padge

They used to be very quick but it seems they are drastically understaffed at the moment and are struggling to even get renewals done on time.

riddick

They used to be very quick but it seems they are drastically understaffed at the moment and are struggling to even get renewals done on time.
yes, this is a fact, however once they have it in front of them they are damn quick, and Jane Betts is no fool when it comes to firearms. I have no complaints.

Old-YOP

I put a fairly 'vanilla' 1 for 1 in to them last Thursday so we shall see. On the whole I've been pretty satisfied with the service (one renewal and several variations including S5) since I moved to their area 5 years ago.

white van man

I am in Suffolk, but I believe we are under the same Firearms dept now.
I put in a variation in on a Tuesday and got it back Thursday same week, more than once.
Just put one in this morning .........Let's see.
Steve

leec6.5

Well I popped my European firearms pass through the letter box yesterday for a slight tweak and I picked it up at 3pm! Could have had it at 10am.