Northern Side by Side

6pt-sika

I’m at the Northern Side by Side in Meshoppen Pennsylvania arrived Wednesday afternoon and will leave sometimes Sunday ! Shooting 8 gauge hammer and hammerless , 10 gauge hammer abs hammerless , 12 gauge hammer and hammerless , 16 gauge hammer and hammerless, 20 gauge hammerless , 28 gauge hammerless and 12 gauge single barrel trap . Total targets 490 if my adding machine in my head is working correctly . 53E60C38-76D1-44DF-AA6E-865B71A090BE.jpeg 8AF8665D-35EE-452F-B73C-46085815DCD2.jpeg 60C5FED4-6CFE-407A-8695-1F92652510BC.jpeg F5017680-E9E6-4AAA-A79C-0EAEBF16FD8B.jpeg 805811D9-F229-4DC7-B6FA-8BCEB99FF9B6.jpeg

boltgun

enjoy, bet there's some lovely guns with great history behind them,I would probably spend my time just handling what was there and never fire a shot! land of the free!

willie_gunn

Just my luck :rolleyes:

Most years I would have flown out to PA last night to spend the week in Philly. Would love to have gone to this and seen some of the guns being used.

Enjoy!

6pt-sika

The main event on Sunday . We had a squad of six . Our squad also had three of the top five scores in the main , of which two were champ and runner up . E80127D5-1637-411B-B111-175375D7677D.jpeg 1A3CEA18-6D1A-42EA-A765-0A883EA90456.jpeg D1A5D79B-BE3D-43EE-8421-5BC1DBB2DAD7.jpeg 07E4685B-0786-414A-BF85-84157973FFDE.jpeg 7765E47A-2F7A-4881-A465-FA060883021C.jpeg

enfieldspares

Thanks for posting the pictures. You seemed to have had fun!

You and your fellow side-by-side enthusiasts will have a bonanza in four years time thanks to BASC's (and associated co-signatories') shameful, craven and voluntary and abject surrender over the use of lead shot. There will be many by then unsaleable in the UK fine British owned side-by-sides finding their way via the auction houses to the States. Enjoy what's soon arriving on your shores before the end of this decade and be sure to thank the coterie of anti-lead shot fawners, brownnosers and lickspittles at Marford Mill and elsewhere...all fellow travellers...(see below) for helping make it all possible won't you.

And us in the UK? When renewing our various memberships?

Remember....

Last edited:

6pt-sika

You and your fellow side-by-side enthusiasts will have a bonanza in four years time thanks to BASC's (and associated co-signatories') shameful, craven and voluntary and abject surrender over the use of lead shot. There will be many by then unsaleable in the UK fine British owned side-by-sides finding their way via the auction houses to the States. Enjoy what's soon arriving on your shores before the end of this decade and be sure to thank the coterie of anti-lead shot fawners, brownnosers and lickspittles at Marford Mill and elsewhere...all fellow travellers...(see below) for helping make it all possible won't you.

Remember....

There were many quite nice Brit doubles at the event . I saw one fellow with a very nice Rigby side lever of 1880 vintage that I sure liked . I’ve got four Brit guns of my own , but haven’t fired any of them in a number of years . They’ll most likely be sold soon in preparation for the move to the Philippines. I will however have a safe at a friends house with about twenty Parker’s and some rifles for when I visit the USA .

6pt-sika

I turned sixty last Tuesday and FWIW I’ve shot SxS’s all of my shooting life . My first shotgun was a 12 gauge single barrel at eight years of age and my second was a WW Greener DH40 12 gauge I bought myself at 15 years of age and I still have the gun . I’ve been shooting Parker’s longer as my father had a couple of them before I bought the Greener and of course the ones he had I still have .

alberta boy

Remember....

That's terrible , I'll be buying some , but it's still terrible .

AB

6pt-sika

Nice. Im moving to Philadelphia next year
Hausemann’s is close by to Rock Mountain . Pretty much the same folks shot the Northeast SxS at Hausemann’s in June and the Vintage Cup will be there in September . I’ll most likely not make the Vintage Cup as I’m already booked for hotel and golf cart for the Fall Southern SxS at Georgetown SC October 14-19 .

6pt-sika

Hmmm I brought 55 bags of shot home yesterday from the shoot all lead of course ! My HiLux didn’t complain but I noticed it was a bit harder to stop in euro terms that’s about 750 kilos . I’ve now got enough 8’s , 9’s and 7 1/2’s to see me thru a couple more years .

6pt-sika

Going in the morning to the local sporting course to shoot with some more side by side friends .