Not a bad weekend

Hudson12

Had a mooch out yesterday early doors with the hope of a fallow a little stalk around the ground and we saw two does in feeding close to the wood but no buck. In the field next to them was a lone roebuck but sadly we couldn’t get to him without disturbing the fallow and in turn disturbing him.We sat in the hedge hoping for a buck to appear with these does but sadly nothing but a fox appeared which I duly missed(useless Bxxxxxd) and that was Saturday.
This morning being the first of September I thought I’d try for a duck or two on my land at home that has the river running through it always plenty about.I also took the rifle to just check my zero after yesterday’s miss.I little walk into the first field and there on the river back browsing the Himalayan balsam was a pretty poor roebuck ideal to take and around 100 yards.Sticks up and thwack buck down nice little bit of meat for the freezer.Quick grallach and leave him hanging whilst I have a mooch with the shotgun for some other form of meat only thing to appear was a pigeon that too was taken and will be added to the freezer.No ducks present today but I’ll come accross them sooner or later that’s the first roe I’ve taken at home as I have been leaving them to get a few about and tbh it’s working I saw two more on my mooch that’s good to see
temporary image hosting
Anyhow I thought I’d check my zero before going home and a bit of practice doesn’t do any harm needless to say 100 yards 6 bullets all well within tolerance the missed fox was all my fault
what is the closest gas station to me

Pine Marten

Congratulations! Incidentally, with your mixed opportunities for large and small game, it sounds to me like you need a drilling....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hudson12

Nice one. Which cartridge do you use? Looks very kind to the carcase (although that's the entry)
That was shot with Norma soft point 100 grain slightly quartering hence forward on the shoulder nothing left of the heart and a chunk from lungs with about an inch and a half exit hole by the ribs the target was shot with 2 Norma 2 Sako and 2 federal all 100 grain tbh nothing in anyone of them for accuracy

Hudson12

Congratulations! Incidentally, with your mixed opportunities for large and small game, it sounds to me like you need a drilling....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The Sunday I had both shotgun and rifle rifle was only for a few targets but Lady Luck presented itself you know how unfit you are carrying two guns game bag cartridge bag and a deer I’ll tell you lol