Not enough privileges

Hambone

Was going to comment on a post applauding a member for a generous offer. However I did not have the option to reply only the following message "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." Any one know what this means?

• Post Count Boosting - Posting a few words like "nice deer đź‘Ť" or "welcome" or “bump” etc. or posting replies in Classifieds multiple times in order to get your post count up to 30 will be seen as evasion. These posts will be removed, your access to Classifieds/Opportunities will be lost and your account may be suspended.

Ok, thanks for the replies. Bit baffled why I couldn't comment on this post as I have bought two items from the classified section since I joined and not trying to sell anything. No big deal just curious that's all.

Out of curiosity is the rule about post count boosting the reason why not many bother to welcome new members?
I doubt it.
It's only when people who've only just joined immediately welcome the next 29 new members to join after them, that it's obvious post boosting, imo.
It doesn't take long to rack up 30 meaningful posts by taking part in discussion, really, and discussion is what keeps the site jogging along.

That's why I was baffled. I do say hello or welcome when I see a new member but I would think my other posts outnumber them and I'm not trying to sell which is how I read the rules. Anyhow as I said no big deal, I'll carry on saying "welcome" to new members when I come across them..

Yes I Have realised the hard way, you have to post things in order for the “Elders” to deem you worthy. Power does strange things to folk.

Yes I Have realised the hard way, you have to post things in order for the “Elders” to deem you worthy. Power does strange things to folk.
The reason we have these rules is to stop people just joining to sell on classifieds. We slso require a reasonable introduction to try and make sure antis and unwelcome people are not allowed to join.
Perhaps thats why this site is so popular and has an international membership and is now over 32,000.
And if you don't like the rules made by us the owners, you can always leave.

Thank you

The reason we have these rules is to stop people just joining to sell on classifieds. We slso require a reasonable introduction to try and make sure antis and unwelcome people are not allowed to join.
Perhaps thats why this site is so popular and has an international membership and is now over 32,000.

Thank you
he has a point

Thank you
Great reply, but I didn’t join 2 years ago to sell a pair of new Leica Binos to fellow stalkers? I think your sarcasm is well warranted and as an owner you must be very proud of 32000 followers.

Back