Not knowing how to zero your rifle 😳😳

kip270

When not out shooting I watch a few YouTube videos and this morning after working nights I just clicked on this video, and within the first few minutes they head off to the range to check zero 😳😳
For supposedly Top Hunters I was amazed how confused they were when it came to adjusting for zero…….good job for the head keeper being on hand 🙄🙄🙄

muddy42

Too be fair, I can't tell you how many times I have had to google on my phone ridiculously basic things when zeroing in areas of poor signal like:
- what does H and L mean on a German rifle scope?
- Schmidt and bender how much adjustment is 1 click at 100 meters?

Tim.243

Too be fair, I can't tell you how many times I have had to google on my phone ridiculously basic things when zeroing in areas of poor signal like:
Clockwise is down....

jb1

The thing is, they get the skivvy's to do that sort of thing for them, thats dirty work.
You dont keep a dog and bark yourself.

The way i remember is
cLockwise = Low
cLockwise = Left

That is unless you have a scope thats skew-wiff

8x57

Distinguished Member
Don't tell me you've forgotten "Handie Hock" (Hands up) from the old war movies and the Victor and Hotspur commics when you were a kid. :old:

With regard to the click values - well it's German and they work in decimals so 1 click equals 10mm at 100M.

That's the way I always remember it.

Tim.243

Don't tell me you've forgotten "Handie Hock" (Hands up) from the old war movies and the Victor and Hotspur commics when you were a kid. :old:

With regard to the click values - well it's German and they work in decimals so 1 click equals 10mm at 100M.

That's the way I always remember it.
When I did my diver master course in Sharm in 1996... the Swiss French instructor could often be heard quoting
The currents in the north go clockwise like the cuckoo clock goes clock wise lol....

He we go........

bfltd0

The thing is, they get the skivvy's to do that sort of thing for them, thats dirty work.
You dont keep a dog and bark yourself.

The way i remember is
cLockwise = Low
cLockwise = Left

That is unless you have a scope thats skew-wiff
Isn't it the other way round in the Southern Hemisphere?

badbob

Like Caberslash says, Fire a shot at the bull, ,get a buddy to move the reticle cross to the bullet hole whilst holding the rifle perfectly steady . Done.
Fire another shot to confirm if you really want to.
Without specs I cannot see the writing/arrows anyway.
Had a Tikka/Leupold never moved in 15 years.
Nice video though , similar to my roebuck hunts, ( not really)

The Singing Stalker

I always get confused with, am I moving the reticle to the hole or the hole to the reticle when I twist the knobs.
yes I know it is stupid but it is so rare I do it.

what peeves me off even more is I have to drive an hour and a check to check zero. Wondering if the neighbours would notice if I built a tunnel under their house.

muddy42

I can never remember any of those rules!

Nice video and fieldcraft, if a little trophy-centric. I generally have a lot of time for Franz and his marksmanship is awesome. However did anyone else find the fact the fact the barrel was held horizontally and regularly pointing at the cameraman a little un-nerving?

Jagare

When I saw the Video was shot at, Trolle Ljungby I remembered there had been trouble amongst the directors/ owners of the estate. Looks like the game keeper had been a little cheeky with the hunting rights. Just for the intress klubben. Grevefejden på Trolle Ljungby är över. Run it through google translate to read the story.