Not sure which Binos to get ?

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope

LONG RANGE CAPT

​Bought a pair new Swarovski SLC 10x42's which I've used a couple of times - the problem is they are to nice to use or rather cost to much for me to feel happy taking them out.
I'm after a pair of 8x42 - but not sure what to get.

I've seen these as they are ones that I've used a work, I know there made in Japan under sub-contract but not sure by who:-

http://www.pyser-sgi...inoculars 1.pdf

What do other members recommend ???

Kind Regards

Rob

tusker

For years now I have had Bushnell H2O 8 x 42 very pleased with them. I think they are around £120 now.
Tusker

Grant.N

Just use the Swarovskis, that's what they are for.
why spend more money when you have an excellent pair of binoculars already.
Dont worry about using them as in a few years time you can send them back for a refurb if need be and it will probably cost you nothing.
Enjoy the ones you have and keep the money in the bank.

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Rob

Steiner have good glass, I have a Minox spotter, which is excellent so no doubt their binos are too, heard decent reports about Physer, all mid budget.

To be honest I use my Swaro LG as a monocular and dont use bins.....have done for last ten years with no issues in finding bambi.

Cyres

No point in having them if you don't use them. My Leicas are indispensible infact feel blind without them, they get covered in mud/dust and if so go in the sink for a wash, OK they don't look prestigne but the lenses are fine, they are working instruments and are designed as such. £1.5 k well spent.

D

Hunting Solutions

Dont worry about using them as in a few years time you can send them back for a refurb if need be and it will probably cost you nothing.

This 100%

Moray Outfitting

Maybe not helpful - but I'd have to go with use the Swaro's as well. Unless your stalking is 60% bog snorkelling and then a 4km crawl up the side of Green Mountain on Ascension Island... even then :D

But if you really cannot bring yourself to do it, then I'd have a serious look at Minox.

dlz90

As mentioned use the swaro's that's what they are for, don't worry about a knock or two they will handle it but to give you excellent protection while still offering ease of use go with one of these, I have a pair of new zeiss victory ht 8x42 in mine excellent peice of kit and excellent service from Digital wild cams highly recommended.

http://www.digitalwildcams.co.uk/#/lockdown/4553428975

scotch_egg

If I was looking for a pair to compliment the 10x42's I would consider going compact like 8x30. Much better for traveling and you are more likely to take them with you.

savage

I bought a pair of minox 8x42, 4 years ago for rough work use and to keep in the landrover all year round a great pair of binos at £180. I also have a pair of swarovskis which I keep just for hill stalking.

charlieg43

Another Minox user here!! Went out with a mate the other day, and after using mine for a stalk before, he bought a pair too!! Good value for money and providing you look after them, a nice pair of 8x42's will last you a good while.

willowbank

​[/QUOTE

Spot on, good advice I bought a pair of Ziess 8X42 Victory binos only because I was so impressed with the scope, now been using them for a year and they are fine, just look after them, they deffo give extra viewing time at dusk that you just will not get with cheaper binos and you will ask yourself when it really matters why the Swaros are at home in the drawer.

Reverse side of the coin, I have a friend who has Swaro bins, but when he looks for the Deer through his inferior scope he cannot see it well enough to shoot.

Imo good glass is essential at dusk,

Regards WB

I. Farticus

Reverse side of the coin, I have a friend who has Swaro bins, but when he looks for the Deer through his inferior scope he cannot see it well enough to shoot.

Imo good glass is essential at dusk,

Regards WB

Best advice you'll see... Good binos need a good scope or you'll only see your quarry through one of them!

Territory Hunting