Notifying police when sending firearm to Gunsmiths for work

As the title says - do I have to notify my FLD if I send my firearm to an RFD to have work done on it ? Does the RFD notify the FLD that they have temporary possession?


Well-Known Member
No you don't need to. If you do get questioned, tell them where it is and the serial number they will go and check if they want to. If you had to there would be thousands daily.

Heym SR20

Well-Known Member
No you don't, but it is usual to get a receipt from the gunsmith saying he has possession and work to be done. That's good business practice and shows where it is, and frankly do the same with any of my possessions that are being serviced.