Off to a bad start.

basil

Distinguished Member
Well, the Highland holiday couldn`t have got off to a worse start.
Now sat at my brother in laws with the van outside and an oil leak. Breakdown chap says he`s sure it`s a crank seal that`s leaking.
If I can`t get it fixed in the next couple of days then it`ll be rescued back to Somerset.
Peed off doesn`t even come close at the moment. :confused:

rodp

We were just looking at this in google and it comes with some good recommendations.

This is my first holiday in a long, long time so as long as that happens and I get home again I`ll be happy.
I`ll get the problem sorted properly next month.

Chuck some in, nothing to lose. It's not like rad weld that blocks all the ports up, this stuff just swells the seals.

Brimfire

We were just looking at this in google and it comes with some good recommendations.

This is my first holiday in a long, long time so as long as that happens and I get home again I`ll be happy.
I`ll get the problem sorted properly next month.
I would hire a van for the holiday and then worry about your van at your brother in laws after you have had your holiday, you can then get your recovery back home without any worries. It's more fore piece of mind whilst you are away from home.

basil

Distinguished Member
I would hire a van for the holiday and then worry about your van at your brother in laws after you have had your holiday, you can then get your recovery back home without any worries. It's more fore piece of mind whilst you are away from home.
Great idea but I don`t have those sort of finances plus we have our three dogs with us.

Muir

My Toyota lived with a rear main crank seal drip for about 5 months before I could replace it. Oil leaks, short of a lake forming every 50 miles and the underbelly of the vehicle sprayed, look worse than they are. If you're talking drops, just pack some oil and hit the road. ~Muir

rodp

Look upon it as a good thing, it's a total loss oil system now and runs on new oil every few thousand miles. Got to be good :thumb: And what you have now comes standard on a Land Rover, and they last for decades.

Alantoo

Well, the Highland holiday couldn`t have got off to a worse start.
Now sat at my brother in laws with the van outside and an oil leak. Breakdown chap says he`s sure it`s a crank seal that`s leaking.
If I can`t get it fixed in the next couple of days then it`ll be rescued back to Somerset.
Peed off doesn`t even come close at the moment. :confused:
You did not have it serviced and an oil change in preparation for the trip by any chance? Might be worth looking closely at the oil filter seal or the sump bung.

Alan