Off Topic: "Stalking Directory shop, T shirts, car stickers etc"

big ears

Depends where the funds were going to end up. Other organisations sell merch which funds investigative reports and promotes our sport publicly and also politically. I don’t see SD doing that. I may be wrong but am unaware of this site publicly throwing its weight behind any appeals from other field sports agency.
For me before I shelled out any hard earned cash I would want to know that I wasn’t lining the site owners pockets and see where this money was going for the good of our sport.

BE

Depends where the funds were going to end up. Other organisations sell merch which funds investigative reports and promotes our sport publicly and also politically. I don’t see SD doing that. I may be wrong but am unaware of this site publicly throwing its weight behind any appeals from other field sports agency.
For me before I shelled out any hard earned cash I would want to know that I wasn’t lining the site owners pockets and see where this money was going for the good of our sport.

BE
Nope we do not support any other organisation as such. We remain neutral. Besides most do not support this site as such and have been asked in the past to join in. The only one so far has been BASC. Which seems to get a bashing everytime.
We have just arranged further payment to keep the site operating. The supporters side helps pay for the Free Level one courses, plus the prizes every month. Then if you take my time, csl and JAYB moderating this site ?

BE

Ever think about signing up as a Supporter?

BE
do you support the site by paying the very modest quarterly subscription?
If nor it seems very unreasonable to question potential fund raising activities.

do you support the site by paying the very modest quarterly subscription?
If nor it seems very unreasonable to question potential fund raising activities.
Used to but attitudes of it’s members made me switch to field sports channel who are trying to support our sport

Used to but attitudes of it’s members made me switch to field sports channel who are trying to support our sport
Yep good old Charlie Jackobe. Been on there myself some years back. Always seems to be the same faces on there though. Or at least when I last looked in on it. He certainly seems to have made a reasonable living from it. Don't see much given away on there though to viewers. At least we try and support newbies coming into the sport, by running free Level one courses, thanks to the supporters. Plus there are many good people on here who have given rifles, free stalking, money and countless pieces of kit for people to help them out. Not to mention the money that's been raised for charity, thanks to the generous membership of this site.

No doubt we have had a few that talk more than stalk. But I would say there are a lot of experienced stalkers/ hunters on here, and the vast majority go out of there way to help others. No disrespect I am surprised you still remain a member if we are that bad on here.

Yep good old Charlie Jackobe. Been on there myself some years back. Always seems to be the same faces on there though. Or at least when I last looked in on it.
Yep good old Charlie Jackobe. Been on there myself some years back. Always seems to be the same faces on there though. Or at least when I last looked in on it. He certainly seems to have made a reasonable living from it. Don't see much given away on there though to viewers. At least we try and support newbies coming into the sport, by running free Level one courses, thanks to the supporters. Plus there are many good people on here who have given rifles, free stalking, money and countless pieces of kit for people to help them out. Not to mention the money that's been raised for charity, thanks to the generous membership of this site.

No doubt we have had a few that talk more than stalk. But I would say there are a lot of experienced stalkers/ hunters on here, and the vast majority go out of there way to help others. No disrespect I am surprised you still remain a member if we are that bad on here.
Perhaps if we could see a balance sheet of income and expenditure to the site it might help your arguments?

That's our business not yours or anyone elses. If you don't enjoy the site and what it stands for you can always leave. I dont ask you your business and what you do, dont be so bloody rude.
Sorry you have taken it like that.

As you say the SD forum is a business and if you are asking for people to invest in your business then openness and transparency should surely be the way to go.

Its a forum, and the only way we raise funds to pay for it is to sell advertising. That pays for the running and updates, the supporters funds pay for the Level One entries and prizes. Plus we paid for the site years back to save it from ending. The amount of work we have put into to it over the past 13 odd years and time, I would not want to add it up. As I am self employed its my time, plus Alex and John.

Like I said if you think we are all bad and the site is of no purpose or use to you I suggest you join Pigeon Watch or one of the other sites. Good luck with that one.

Dont worry my new Ferrari is on back order at the moment...............christ!!! Perhaps I should seek to add a few diamonds to the steering wheel whilst I can afford it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here we go again !! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In todays NEWS !---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***STOPPRESS****
...---... ANOTHER SD POST TURNS TO RAT SHAT ...---...
????
Hope you don't buy a yellow Ferrari ?? or your be named and shamed for hating RED CARS ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its a forum, and the only way we raise funds to pay for it is to sell advertising. That pays for the running and updates, the supporters funds pay for the Level One entries and prizes. Plus we paid for the site years back to save it from ending. The amount of work we have put into to it over the past 13 odd years and time, I would not want to add it up. As I am self employed its my time, plus Alex and John.

Like I said if you think we are all bad and the site is of no purpose or use to you I suggest you join Pigeon Watch or one of the other sites. Good luck with that one.

Dont worry my new Ferrari is on back order at the moment...............christ!!! Perhaps I should seek to add a few diamonds to the steering wheel whilst I can afford it!
Some really cheeky sods about nowadays Malc.
Must be the way they were dragged up, no manners taught.😤 You have the patience of a Saint by comparison to me.

Rather than “investors”
I think we members are “customers”
Personally, I would probably buy a coffee mug, and what you do with the money is up to you.
Although the Stalking Directory is technically a business, not a charity, it is also a community of people who share this interest/hobby (or job in some unfortunate cases)

Back