Ogden / Monarch Sika sacks

takbok

I'm looking at these and wondered if there are any differences between them. I understand that they are both made by Ogden.

How does the cheaper Poppins sack compare to these?

palmer_mike

Had a poppins and now have a monarch.

much prefer the monarch. I like the pockets for storing stuff (wipes, small first aid kit etc)
like the fact that the monarch folds into a more compact shape when not carrying a deer.

takbok

Cheers for that, Mike. I like the fact that they fold up. The pockets would mean that all my stalking stuff would stay in one place and not be strewn around my car!

plonker

I have the ogden compact roe sack that goes around your waist and find it great.The roe sack has good shoulder straps that allow you to pull it nice and high on your back for better support and when folded away the is also room to put your gloves and knife/small torch etc in the case that holds the roe sack.
Atb dave
Ps sold my poppins one as I found it pulled on my shoulders/neck as I have a few problems in this area.
Quality wise the poppins one was great.

Hi Takbok

There is no difference between either brand of sack.

I have worked closely with Phil over the years in design updates and field trials which now has led to probably the most widely used and regarded products in the market.

https://www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk/monarch-sika-sack

Our pics of the Sika Sack do need updating as they now incorporate zip pockets to the front which can be seen on the Roe Sack page on our website.

Regards

Rob

ps - the offer of an FOC Mora Companion for forum members on sack purchase still stands :thumb:

i have used an ogdens roe sack for deer and rabbiting for 4 years now no stitching has pulled and its comfy to wear i can't speak highly enough of him if you ring him he's always helpful and willing to incorporate anything different if you so wish

takbok

Cheers guys, the Monarch Sika sack is ordered. I Look forward to receiving it and putting it to use. Apparently the new one has zipped pockets instead of flaps with buckles.

pierred

Hi Takbok

There is no difference between either brand of sack.

I have worked closely with Phil over the years in design updates and field trials which now has led to probably the most widely used and regarded products in the market.

https://www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk/monarch-sika-sack

Our pics of the Sika Sack do need updating as they now incorporate zip pockets to the front which can be seen on the Roe Sack page on our website.

Regards

Rob

ps - the offer of an FOC Mora Companion for forum members on sack purchase still stands :thumb:

Think you need to speak to Phil you may find we had a little input into the new design Rob

gelert

Ive carried roe,sika,fallow and half a red in my roe sack.
I find it easy enough to pack wash and store,and utilising the chest and weist strap you can pack out deer at prety long distances.
My only criticism is I’d like to see the possibly of a rifle scabbard,or the addition of a few straps on the side.

Hi Gelert

Thanks for your feedback - this is a feature which we have looked at before, however balance and compatibility to the current design could prove challenging; nonetheless that is not saying it can't be done - when carrying out a 50Ib+ buck recently up clear-fell having a my rifle attached to the sack would have been preferable to carrying across my back..

There are snap-lock straps above the shoulder straps which can locate a rifle, however on the occasion above these were used to secure my jacket.

Will evaluate the feasibility anyway.

Thanks

Rob

takbok

I've just shot a stag and got to test out the sack. It was great for the 400m or so carry out to the road.

My only criticism is that the waist straps don't seem to adjust small enough for my 34" waist so I was carrying all of the estimated 40kg on my shoulders.

I'll re-evaluate at home but may get in touch with Rob about getting my waist straps modified.

Great quality sack with so much storage space for a fleece top, gloves, binocs, knives etc. It's also great for sitting on to prevent wet bum, and keeps your back warm when stalking.

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_084331328.jpg
    IMG_20181103_084331328.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 113

karlbird

Takbok, i’d be interested to hear what he says please as I too ‘suffer’ with a 32” waist and the straps are huge! I would also have liked to see 2 more press studs so that the whole lot can be made flatter, at the moment they join in the middle but poppers on the side would allow it to be more streamlined - hard to explain what I mean.

However, I still rate it as one of the best bits of kit I have bought!

takbok

Hi Takbok

Thanks for the point on the waist strap - will look at options in the week ahead and get back to you.

Regards

Rob

Thank you, Rob. I wasn't too focussed on the straps when carrying. Will have a good look at home and see if I'm doing something wrong or what the easiest solution would be

Karlbird, will keep you updated whatever the outcome.