Ogdens Shooting Supplies (Phil Ogden)

bryn

I needed a Drag Bag/Slip for a foxing rig I have which is about 52/53 inches long and the bag needs to be capable of encompassing the IR mounted on top of the scope. I looked at what AIM had to offer, and none fitted the bill although I happen to think AIM drag bags ae very good, I have 3.
Whilst at the Northern Shooting Show I came across Phil Ogden at his stand, looked at his bags/slips and was impressed by the quality which in my opinion are the equal of AIM and Phil, who is a very helpful chap.
Phil does a specific night vision slip which wasn’t quite long enough, but he invited me to call in at his factory in Oldham at a later date, to bring along the rifle kitted up and he would try and make a bespoke night vision slip.
Phil has been in the baggage manufacturing trade for many years, when his kit says British made it actually is and not manufactured in China imported here and someone sows a buckle on, passing it off as British made. The actual cloth is woven at a mill in Elland West Yorkshire. He is passionate about British Manufacturing and bemoans the fact that very little is now made in this country.
Anyways along I went and below are the pics of the finished result which he posted on to me after two weeks wait. You don’t have to actually go the factory; he can knock one up from measurements you supply if the off the shelf stuff is not big enough. The bag is 57” long and 16” at it widest point (all outside measurements).

£135 posted.

I know the eBay Chinese stuff is cheap but its cheap because its not particularly well made and the workers get paid peanuts.
So, go on treat yourself to some very well-made quality kit and more importantly support British manufacturing and British Jobs

bryn

Attachments

TomT3

I bought an Ogden game bag from the Midland game fair at least 8 years ago it’s absolutely beautifully made and is still in great condition (it has seen use to!) I would definitely recommend these as it is British craftsmanshop at its best in my opinion!

Cottis

Have to agree with all of that. I have a quickslip. It is caked in crap and well worn and used. I shoot a few times a week and frequently use the bag as transport during walking over many a field and hill. I use it as a mat, I use its pocket to haul ammo, targets, all sorts. They are built well and the design is the perfect balance between function and sporting rifle use without the tactical element that I get with the AIM stuff that I really don't like. They also have a warerproof liner between the outer material and interior padding. Its great.

Phil is proper old school as well. I recall phoning him to ask about sizing too. He sorted me out what I needed and refused payment initially. He said he would put it in the post so I could have a look at it and if it was what I wanted to send him the money. Two days later it turns up and I was just laughing at his method of business.

He didn't even put his banking details in the package and it took me a couple of days to get hold of him to prise him away from his machines. Anyhow, finally got him and paid up and when this one breaks (and it will eventually with the amount of use it gets) I will go straight back and buy another.

Sonicdmb73

I have one of his bags too. Cracking piece of kit. I bought it at Brougton game show years ago. Still in perfect condition. Fits my 243 with mod and bipod fitted. Can’t beat the quality and iirc it cost me £25.

A J

Phil's a great chap and a credit to the UK shooting industry. I've got a few things that he has made over the years and they're still going strong.

AIM bags are unbeatable in my opinion, but they're very specific in their perfection. If you need a tough tactical drag bag to fit a standard bolt action long rifle, then there's little that can really beat it, but if you want something that will fit your NV + IR equipped rifle, side charging AR or your target gun with Atlas 5-H fitted, then you'll struggle with an AIM and Phil Ogden's slips and bags can be tailored to your specific requirements.

barbel

2 rifle slips,1 is deeper for nightvision,1 shotgun slip, all had a lot of use no faults well made.

Kjf

You will not buy any better quality than Phils gear, simples, he's the best supplier of quality hand made British tackle you will find,

His gear will last you a lifetime, and he's a great bloke to deal with, I go to his workshop to pick stuff up,

He designs gear what the stalker/ shooter wants and he encourages feed back on his items so he can tweek them etc to suit the needs of the buyer

Kjf

novice

I've 2 rifle bags and 2 roesacks and I can't see me wearing any of them out. Absolute top class kit.

Novice

Bavarianbrit

I bought an Ogden game bag from the Midland game fair at least 8 years ago it’s absolutely beautifully made and is still in great condition (it has seen use to!) I would definitely recommend these as it is British craftsmanshop at its best in my opinion!
+1