Oldest photo

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Just for fun I have found an old photo of mine that I have put in the trophy room. It shows a very youthfull skinny Sikamalc with 3 Red Stags I had just bought back off the hill in Scotland. I took all 3 in 4 hours of stalking, with a 243. This was back in the distant past of 1989. These are not the first Red Stags I had shot, but it was a red letter day.

There are many on here that have stalked longer than me, Stag1933 for a start, but it would be nice to see some old photos and the tail behind them. I will tell the story behind the photo if people want me to, but I do not want to bore anyone.

Good to see so many new people coming to the site, and for all of you that are working on or have just passed Level 1 well done and good luck.

Cheers

Sikamalc

stone

i would love to hear the stories behind this one but just be gentle as i don't think i was born then :lol:

buckup

Come on Malc, tell us!
I know there are some who don't like the tales, but they don't HAVE to read them, so go on get typing! :)
Mark

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi Malc
I didnt no they had colour film back then :lol: :lol:
Mr B I didn't no granville had a moustache do you think he got them stags in the basket on his bike :lol:

WD

Drew

Lets join in the fun, first known pic of me with deer:

From the days when cameras weren't allow to focus and rifles were carved from a solid block of crap by a company called Parker Hale

old man

Lets join in the fun

Drew, Looks like the old P.H. was good enough in the Pic.
I don't think mine was carved from a solid block of crap. But will soon see if it's me or the rifle.
:lol: :lol:

Drew

True enough Old Man, it certainly did the business that day...and actually it was a well loved rifle and took a lot of beasts for me.

stag1933

Another in 1969 after I won the English D.T.L. Championship, class A. [ score 99/100 plus 24/25 in a `shoot-off `to beat the guy who tied with me.]
This whopper is the Referee Cup, I was runner-up for it in 1972 also.
Browning A1 Special Trap Gun 30 inch barrels, 12 bore.

MarkH

Hi Guys

My great grandfather practicing the ancient art of roe buck weaving
:lol:

Mark