Oldie deerstalker from Nova Scotia and African PH

Ian Manning

I was led to your site by the mention of the professional hunter, John Kingsley-Heath (d.2011) whom I knew; and Cronje Wilmot, author of Okovango Memoirs and father of the professional croc hunter, Bobby Wilmot of Bechuanaland (Botswana). I got to know Bobby at his camp outside of Maun in 1964.

woodmaster

Welcome from Warwickshire.
You sound like a man with an interesting story. Perhaps you'll tell us a few someday.
What do you now hunt in NS?
Which part of NS do you live. I have fond memories of my visits and will perhaps one day get back.
Hope you enjoy the guys on here.

Tim.243

I was led to your site by the mention of the professional hunter, John Kingsley-Heath (d.2011) whom I knew; and Cronje Wilmot, author of Okovango Memoirs and father of the professional croc hunter, Bobby Wilmot of Bechuanaland (Botswana). I got to know Bobby at his camp outside of Maun in 1964.
Been to SA twice, stayed in Louis Trichardt with the Van de Merver's the on to Mozambique...

My good friend Johan who makes rifles in Cradock came here in 2019 for a look around to see how it is done lol...
One thing he didn't like was the black sticky mud we have for duck shooting...He said Big Boer and your mud are not a good thing lol

griff

Welcome from Scotland, was in your glorious country a few years ago drove From Halifax to PEI.

PeteL

Welcome, Ian
You wouldn't be the author of "With a gun in good country" by any chance? I have a signed copy which I have read many times. An excellent read!.
Peter

Whitefront

I did, although we were mainly hunting for moose and black bear. Caught a nice salmon on the third or fourth cast one evening, right outside our cabin.