olympics

bluesako

just been watch the olympics karate judo and wrestling, biggest load of sh**e i have ever watched, ive seen better fights in the playground, karate! the winner gets knocked out and wins wtf?, judo nobody got thrown to the mat and you win a gold medal, karate you win a gold medal for fighting an invisible person and shouting at him, wrestling what was the point in it two guys playing grab ass on a mat which i thought was a bit g8y, oh i forgot taekwondo just two people dancing around the floor shouting for 5 minutes, boxing fantastic get stuck in some great fights, what a waste, they are taking the p*** if they think thats worth watching bs

Reactions: TH4

deerstalker.308

You do know you don’t have to watch it don’t you? 🤣I found the solo karate simply the best bit of entertainment of the whole thing, and loved how it got ribbed by the commentators/pundits too for fighting imaginary friends….

Tazz

just been watch the olympics karate judo and wrestling, biggest load of sh**e i have ever watched, ive seen better fights in the playground, karate! the winner gets knocked out and wins wtf?, judo nobody got thrown to the mat and you win a gold medal, karate you win a gold medal for fighting an invisible person and shouting at him, wrestling what was the point in it two guys playing grab ass on a mat which i thought was a bit g8y, oh i forgot taekwondo just two people dancing around the floor shouting for 5 minutes, boxing fantastic get stuck in some great fights, what a waste, they are taking the p*** if they think thats worth watching bs
I’ve got you down as undecided then

deerstalker.308

More awkward was the modern pentathlon. Now that brought out some nasty examples of how not to ride horses, or behave when working with animals who quite frankly had no say in whether they wanted to be there on not (the latter clearly visible with many). The german coach, shameful behaviour when they punched the horse on its way back after it refused to perform. Abhorrent.

Sampo

The modern rules say that you cannot hit your opponent but simply touch, that too with consent under the watchful eyes of the referee. Its a new form of art and 'martial' has nothing to do with it these days.

Rasputin

Unless you’re interested in those sports they are poor spectator sports. Judo and wrestling are super technical and one fall ends it similar to a ko punch in boxing so it’s very cagey. TKD is just crap period that should be banned.