On my way back up to Scotland

Stalker1962

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am not sure if I can make this work, but here goes.

In about ten days time, I am heading off to the Isles and then on to Sutherland.

It is my intention to use this trip to visit Edinburgh Rifles and Henry Krank's - the trade off is that MrsS62 gets to shoplift (Lord I hope she will be shoplifting) her way around the House of Bruar.

Now then, to my point.

Does anyone have something (legal) that then need help collecting or delivering, that I can assist with?

If it in anyway helps, I will be at Bisley on Friday the 20th.

I think I will be pointing the truck North, on the 22nd.

Foxyboy43

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In about ten days time, I am heading off to the Isles and then on to Sutherland.

It is my intention to use this trip to visit Edinburgh Rifles and Henry Krank's - the trade off is that MrsS62 gets to shoplift (Lord I hope she will be shoplifting) her way around the House of Bruar.

Now then, to my point.

Does anyone have something (legal) that then need help collecting or delivering, that I can assist with?

Fine offer, thank you S. Nothing for me thank you but if your Mrs is on a roll can she just “collect “ one or two of those bloody expensive very pretty hare bronzes, please? After only one such rip off purchase Mrs FB has decided to collect them so my pockets gun cabinets may soon be empty.
Much obliged and have a great trip.
🦊🦊

willie_gunn

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Now then, to my point.

A very kind offer. :tiphat:

We always plan our trips up and back so we leave very early.

I tell Mrs Gunn it is so we can avoid the traffic around Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh. In fact it is timed so we can drive past House of Bruar when it is shut.

To be honest, though, HoB has lost much of its allure, even to Mrs G. The days when - like John Norris in Penrith - it was a chance to catch up with like-minded members of the huntin’, shooting’, and fishin’ fraternity are now long gone. These days it is a tourist destination in and of itself. It seems to be full of people who wouldn’t know a grouse from a pheasant, or a pheasant from a chicken. They come out of HoB looking like they have been into Mr Benn’s and come out of the changing room as the Tartan Terror. Allied to this, getting quality clobber and food is so much easier these days in Sutherland and the like. Deliveries from supermarkets to lodges, or at worst estate offices, are now commonplace.

Foxyboy43

A very kind offer. :tiphat:

We always plan our trips up and back so we leave very early.

I tell Mrs Gunn it is so we can avoid the traffic around Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh. In fact it is timed so we can drive past House of Bruar when it is shut.

To be honest, though, HoB has lost much of its allure, even to Mrs G. The days when - like John Norris in Penrith - it was a chance to catch up with like-minded members of the huntin’, shooting’, and fishin’ fraternity are now long gone. These days it is a tourist destination in and of itself. Allied to this, getting quality clobber and food is so much easier these days in Sutherland and the like. Deliveries from supermarkets to lodges, or at worst estate offices, are now commonplace.
Aye and there are a lot of red trouser wearers in it too!
🦊🦊

Woodsmoke

These days it is a tourist destination in and of itself. It seems to be full of people who wouldn’t know a grouse from a pheasant, or a pheasant from a chicken
Indeed. I find it to be a soulless and cynical black hole of exploitation. The very thought of the place fills me with dread and dismay. Full of horrendously overpriced crap, and staffed entirely by staff who are either obnoxious and pretentious, or beaten to their knees by shite wages and poor working conditions. If the place burnt to the ground I'd dance around the flames with a song in my heart . . .

Tim.243

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Now then, to my point.

Nice offer, if you bump into Russ Abbot can you get his autograph please.

bogtrotter

Last time I went to H.O.B. I bought coffee for four, had to come home after that I was skint.
To be honest my wife used to enjoy going for a look see never bought much mind.

riflerob

I think about 1996 when we first called in to HoB. Really liked it then, and I've still got a jacket that I bought on that first visit.

After a stop there in 2002 or so we just haven't been back, we thought it had gone both downhill and upmarket, if that makes any sense !

Ade8mm

Last time I went to H.O.B. I bought coffee for four, had to come home after that I was skint.
To be honest my wife used to enjoy going for a look see never bought much mind.
I would suffer that for a chance of some Highland stalking :)

opticron1

Aye and there are a lot of red trouser wearers in it too!
🦊🦊
Mrs O has made it quite clear that she will have me committed or hung, drawn and quartered if she ever see's me wearing red or yellow trousers....... apparently a crime against humanity:lol:

Stalker1962, rather than calling at HoB for food and resupply a better idea would be to hang on until you get to the Storehouse near Evanton on the A9 or (if you're going that way) The Pier at Lairg, both of which are much better options for food.

Foxyboy43

Mrs O has made it quite clear that she will have me committed or hung, drawn and quartered if she ever see's me wearing red or yellow trousers....... apparently a crime against humanity:lol:

Stalker1962, rather than calling at HoB for food and resupply a better idea would be to hang on until you get to the Storehouse near Evanton on the A9 or (if you're going that way) The Pier at Lairg, both of which are much better options for food.
Yellow??? Perfect case for bringing back flogging!!
🦊🦊