Once in a thousand years.

Red Dragon 2

We had 55c for three weeks in Oman, cooled to about 45 at night (admittedly on the edge of the empty quarter ) Thank heavens for ac units and generators.

cyberstag

We had 55c for three weeks in Oman, cooled to about 45 at night (admittedly on the edge of the empty quarter ) Thank heavens for ac units and generators.
We had mid 40's in Saudi a lot of the time. Not so bad when you are expecting it and are acclimatised but for North America that would be hard to adjust to.

alberta boy

43.88 today! Hopefully this will be the last of it. Forest fire season should soon be starting.
We'll be hitting +40s this week . Water restrictions have been enacted today and fire bans province wide . Fire season is upon us . I just hope we don't get any big lightening storms or tornadoes when the next cold front rolls through .

AB

bfltd0

We had 40+ degrees regularly in Bosnia in summer 96.

Our various bits of radio kit were mounted in dismounted box bodies. All made of metal.

No wonder comms were "challenging"...................the temperature inside was off the scale!

And the outsourced manufacturer's team had to be booked several months in advance so they were going to come out and fit ACUs in September. After having turned down the request sent in February (by a forward-thinker with experience of the country's heat), as the temperature in February was insufficient justification to fit ACUs.

IIRC, an angle grinder and some locally purchased ACUs did the job perfectly well!

Bavarianbrit

In Roswell New Mexico 1993 the shopping mall opened its doors around 5am just for the pensioners to do their walking exercise in the cooler building, very nice of them.

A Guy Out West

Is the humidity high too? When i imagine pacific north west i always think of rainforest. That and bigfoot. :)
Very low humidity, thankfully. June through middle of September is our dry season. Usually in the summer it is like paradise here.