one for all [maybe]

d foxxer

I have only 2 rifles a cooper m21 phoenix in 20 tac and a sako75 243 but for a while I have been thinking to have only one rifle which would cover all my vermin and should I get the opportunity a roe or two [maybe] if they ever get numerous on my permissions and also I like a bit of longer range rabbit crow and fox so I thought maybe sell my rifles or get the sako converted only I don't know if that could be done or just sell both to fund a replacement which would be a 6br and only a 6br 1in8 heavy barrel or does anyone know if the sako 243 could be converted and roughly at what cost this is all only at the thinking stage not even applied for a variation but I do know if I go ahead with it I will only be after a 6br any comments from those of you who got one will be most welcome
cheers all foxxer

Hi D

best of both worlds, uses less powder that the 243 and is well able to achieve the going legal rate for deer and a fantastic caliber for fox and longer ranging shots on golfcoursefurballholediggingpoochuckingvarmints.

stunning caliber, a 1/8 will give you a range from about 75 to 105 gr bullets so theres the answer.

I have 2 prices for my 590 to be done and they are both very close, but the 20 will have to go first. :(

bob.

Hi D

best of both worlds, uses less powder that the 243 and is well able to achieve the going legal rate for deer and a fantastic caliber for fox and longer ranging shots on golfcoursefurballholediggingpoochuckingvarmints.

stunning caliber, a 1/8 will give you a range from about 75 to 105 gr bullets so theres the answer.

I have 2 prices for my 590 to be done and they are both very close, but the 20 will have to go first. :(

bob.
hi big man pm incoming

personally I don't see why you'd change the 75 .243, it's an excellent rifle and will handle 50g'ers for the winged pests at very long ranges, fox/roe easily in the 85g class and even sika and reds in the 100g bullet class.

It'd be sheer folly to do other than just keep that one...if anything, spend your money on improving it with pillar and glass bedding, if you have a synthetic stock, buy a mcmillan perhaps..not that it needs improving, but you'd spend your money better that way.

I have only 2 rifles a cooper m21 phoenix in 20 tac and a sako75 243 but for a while I have been thinking to have only one rifle which would cover all my vermin and should I get the opportunity a roe or two ...

Dave. I thought long and hard about turning your Sako 75 into a 260 Rem. I still think it's a viable option. Best regards JCS

personally I don't see why you'd change the 75 .243, it's an excellent rifle and will handle 50g'ers for the winged pests at very long ranges, fox/roe easily in the 85g class and even sika and reds in the 100g bullet class.

It'd be sheer folly to do other than just keep that one...if anything, spend your money on improving it with pillar and glass bedding, if you have a synthetic stock, buy a mcmillan perhaps..not that it needs improving, but you'd spend your money better that way.
I hear what you are saying my rifle is already bedded in a lovely laminate stock I don't do deer as there are no deer on my permissions I have seen 4 roe in 2 yearsand none this last ten months I expect some moron has shot them rather than let them get established reds and sika ...no chance here but I do like long range vermin and 6br floats my boat 30g of powder out of a long barrel and still enough clout to knock vermin into next month appeals to me as does the 6br reputation for being fearsomely accuarate .......I guess I could just sell the cooper and wait for a 6br to come along something like sir slot a lot sold recently [missed that one] but then I would be back where I started 2 rifles PKL whatever calibre you use I wish you good luck and good hunting atb dave

Dave. I thought long and hard about turning your Sako 75 into a 260 Rem. I still think it's a viable option. Best regards JCS

john I havnt given deer calibers much thought because of the lack of deer here on my ground its 99.9% vermin for me and 6br fits my ground nicely
hope you and yours are all well best regards dave ps even though I have no deer here I am glad I did my dsc it was one of the most interesting courses I have ever done

Last edited:
Back