One for the Steyr Pro Hunter owners out there

FormRifles

Little teaser for the Steyr owners out there, just finished and tested our SA Pro Hunter inlet. Just sorting out a trigger guard for these then they will be ready to go.

Long and Magnum actions to follow in the next few weeks. We are happy to take reservations, please feel free to give us a call.

01392 363109

Form Rifle Stocks

Here is the test inlet in a piece of beech

DSC01740.jpgDSC01742.jpgDSC01744.jpg

FormRifles

My 243 could do with a transplant. How expensive and how near the finished article does it come? Thanks
Prices are £285-£325 for non adjustable stocks dependent on model including VAT and shipping. There will be a small additional charge for the pro hunter as we need to add a custom made trigger guard. We will confirm this cost as soon as we have something finalised.

Leadwasp

Hi Peter - I'm very interested in this. Would you for example be able to do something like a Carro but for a 10 round magazine (or to take the 10 round extension kit).

Last edited:

FormRifles

Hi Peter - I'm very interested in this. Would you for example be able to do something like a Carro but for a 10 round magazine (or to take the 10 round extension kit).
It might look a bit out of place to be quite honest, the 10 round conversion slots into a molded recess on the factory stock. Not to say that it would be impossible to do, just might look slightly odd, I will have to have a look at one at some point.

Leadwasp

Hi - thanks for your reply. It's not a deal breaker. Largely the adapter is used as a very comfortable 'carry handle' as I move through steep woods. A big thumbs up for being the first to reliably produce a solution. Even the new rifle models are still a bit ' bendy' despite what the marketing blurb says!

Any chance of a look and a feel of a Carro? Are you open to visitors? I could bring the 10 round kit down at the same time. This would be a long action request.

Last edited:

FormRifles

Hi - thanks for your reply. It's not a deal breaker. Largely the adapter is used as a very comfortable 'carry handle' as I move through steep woods. A big thumbs up for being the first to reliably produce a solution. Even the new rifle models are still a bit ' bendy' despite what the marketing blurb says!

Any chance of a look and a feel of a Carro? Are you open to visitors? I could bring the 10 round kit down at the same time.
This is why we have been very keen to offer a stock for the Steyr, lovely rifle ruined by a nasty factory stock. The CLII is also one we want to look at, I haven't had a chance to look at one in the flesh, but from photos they appear very similar to the pro hunter; should be very simple to adapt the inlet.

Yeah you're welcome to drop in and see the stocks, we are about 5 minutes from Exeter airport. We are in most days, but best to give us a call first to check.

norma 308

It might look a bit out of place to be quite honest, the 10 round conversion slots into a molded recess on the factory stock. Not to say that it would be impossible to do, just might look slightly odd, I will have to have a look at one at some point.
I hated the 10 mag just got another 5 mag solved the prob when park culling

accurate

I love my steyr pro. Great Barrels, action, trigger and safety but stock a let down. Watching this with interest as I also have a few people in my club with steyr.
Iain
Iain.

FormRifles

I love my steyr pro. Great Barrels, action, trigger and safety but stock a let down. Watching this with interest as I also have a few people in my club with steyr.
Iain
Iain.
That's greatly appreciated Iain. We are just waiting to get some trigger guards machined then we should be ready to take orders for the short action, long and magnum actions shortly thereafter.

FormRifles

I'd like a laminate for my CLII.
I haven't had a chance to look at a CLII yet; from photos the inlet looks almost identical to the pro hunter, and I think they use the same mags.
If you drop me a pm with your name and contact number I can get back to you when I get a chance to look at a CLII.

Asifloveshunting

I also have a Steyr Pro Hunter in 7mm mag, which I used in South Africa last year and it was great, but the stock is a letdown....

I have just bought a CLII in 300wm a few weeks ago but in Wood this time and it looks and feels great… haven’t fired it :eek:(....

Looking forward to you guys sorting out our Stock problems with Steyr'ssss....

Please put more pictures of different stocks if you can....

Thanks.

FormRifles

I also have a Steyr Pro Hunter in 7mm mag, which I used in South Africa last year and it was great, but the stock is a letdown....

I have just bought a CLII in 300wm a few weeks ago but in Wood this time and it looks and feels great… haven’t fired it :eek:(....

Looking forward to you guys sorting out our Stock problems with Steyr'ssss....

Please put more pictures of different stocks if you can....

Thanks.
I can confirm we will be able to inlet for the CLII, but as it is slightly different to the Pro hunter we would need the rifle sent to us to fit it into the new stock. Magnum action will be tested shortly and should be ready in the next few weeks.

Please check out our gallery on here and website to see the styles of stock we do. Form Rifle Stocks

01392 363109

FormRifles

To all the Steyr owners out there who have been waiting patiently for us to finish the inlet, we haven't forgotten you! The design requires us to get a trigger guard machined for the stocks, we did one and weren't quite happy with it. The revised version should be with us later this week so we should be able to take orders very soon.