Online firearms renewal!

Zetter

As I am due for renewal in June I thought I would get my finger out and bung mine in for TVP. Went on line to download the forms and knock me down with a feather TVP are trialling online applications.
I have put mine in which as a warning can need a lot of info (and you cant save it half way through) but after several phone calls to my referees (where were you born ?? don't remember that being on before) I have got it submitted.

Has anyone else tried it at all and if so what did you think?

My main issue with it was you cant save part way through like you can with say your tax return so if you don't know a piece of information (a la referee info) you cant save and go back to it you have to go through the lot again. All in all though at least I know they have got it rather than having to send it recorded delivery to ensure it doesn't wander off in the post.

Seems like an excellent way to do business!

I asked my FEO about online applications a few months back. He reckons that while it is clearly the way ahead and benefits everyone involved, it might take a while for it to catch on and that it's due to how deeply entrenched the current archaic approach firearms legislation is in some constabularies accompanied by their lack of funding.

Lets hope TVP are setting a trend though.

Just had mine renewed ahead of schedule, i was sent all the forms in pdf format, opened the files and filled them in online , when I say online you do all this on your computer once you have downloaded the files to be filled in ,, and you can save and stop at any time, and as I was in and out of hospital for lung biopsies at the time, I took about 4 weeks to get them completed printed and signed, I then informed them I had them ready and they contacted me to make an apointment to come collect them, which happened within a week the constable checked the forms and said I had done it all correctly ( much to my surprise) now considering I took over a month to get the forms filled in, I was very pleasantly surprised to get my certs 7 week ahead of when they were due, how they would make it totally online I am not sure,but only time will tell, but I will say for Police Scotland Dundee many thanks for your efforts
Cheers
Ray

Just had mine renewed ahead of schedule, i was sent all the forms in pdf format, opened the files and filled them in online , when I say online you do all this on your computer once you have downloaded the files to be filled in ,, and you can save and stop at any time, and as I was in and out of hospital for lung biopsies at the time, I took about 4 weeks to get them completed printed and signed, I then informed them I had them ready and they contacted me to make an apointment to come collect them, which happened within a week the constable checked the forms and said I had done it all correctly ( much to my surprise) now considering I took over a month to get the forms filled in, I was very pleasantly surprised to get my certs 7 week ahead of when they were due, how they would make it totally online I am not sure,but only time will tell, but I will say for Police Scotland Dundee many thanks for your efforts
Cheers
Ray

It's always nice to get your ticket back early and with the minimum of fuss!

I just had a look at the TVP online process...looks like they are doing the whole thing online as Zetter mentioned and it seems fairly easy to complete.

Thumbs up TVP!

It's always nice to get your ticket back early and with the minimum of fuss!

I just had a look at the TVP online process...looks like they are doing the whole thing online as Zetter mentioned and it seems fairly easy to complete.

Thumbs up TVP!
Hope they get things right, its unfortunate but often when the authorities try progress it ends up a bit of a mess
Hopefully yours will be on time and correct
Cheers
Ray

I know what you mean all too well!

Thanks PHS. I'm up for renewal soon and am lucky enough to be on very good terms with my FEO and he truly does set the standard to which all others should aspire. As such, I'm hopeful that it will be relatively pain free!

Seems like the way forward. But how do you include paper items such as written permissions to shoot on land? Or do you not bother with them and assume the FEO is going to check up on them anyway? Are they insisting you send back your certificates anyway, or just give them to the FEO when he does his house call?

Ive done mine for North Yorks. Really easy (co-terminus too). FLO came over to due the usual. Paperwork with me 2 weeks before expiry.

Im quite taken with the idea as the system works.

Seems like the way forward. But how do you include paper items such as written permissions to shoot on land? Or do you not bother with them and assume the FEO is going to check up on them anyway? Are they insisting you send back your certificates anyway, or just give them to the FEO when he does his house call?

Hi Pedro

At the end of the form they give you specific E-Mail link to send any other documents through to (in my case is a was a scan of my current FAC) but you can also include permission letters if needed. Also talking to my FEO if they need anything else as normal you can mail it on to them when they request it.

From my point of view I think we should follow the Northern Ireland model. Their variation system is miles ahead of ours as well.

Ive done mine for North Yorks. Really easy (co-terminus too). FLO came over to due the usual. Paperwork with me 2 weeks before expiry.

Im quite taken with the idea as the system works.
Just to clarify, are North Yorks all online too then?

Back