Online petition to stop grouse shooting.

CDSG Shooting Sports

Tackleberry270

mmmm. Put a series of completely biased and unfounded reasons into an article supporting the banning of grouse shooting and then ask readers (a large proportion of which probably know nothing about the subject) to vote on a ban?

.... how ridiculous

Pine Marten

mmmm. Put a series of completely biased and unfounded reasons into an article supporting the banning of grouse shooting and then ask readers (a large proportion of which probably know nothing about the subject) to vote on a ban?

.... how ridiculous

Well it's intellectually dishonest, but by voting against his proposal you effectively show his article up as a failure.

filzee

Voted.
I hope they don't ban it. Its always been a life's ambition to have a day at grouse but will be a long time till i can afford it.

ronscomon

me too.
Clearly Ken's scientific training is lacking in this area. Can I suggest a retirement job for a few years managing a moor? Then perhaps he'll know enough for me to listen to his views.

Mr. Gain

Voted.

some very good comments from the well-informed on there, and some fine photos alongside the original misinformed/disingenuous "factoids".

Filzee,

loading or stuffing for a Gun is a great way to get much of the excitement of the sport without the hefty price tag.

Watching his arcs, keeping his barrels fed, marking shot birds and helping the picking-up team locate the long ones, along with the sheer joy of being out on the moor among like-minded people, make for a great day's sport.

And depending on your own experience, eye, and ability to read your Gun, you can help him to get the most out of the day in other ways too. But never forget that spending time with you wasn't on his list of reasons for buying the day!

Do it right, though, and it should be on his list of reasons for buying another...

Buckaroo8

dunnit,
some really lovely photographs there, shows grouse shooting in a good light...........I reckon they've shot themselves in the foot (so to speak)
but I do wonder if the people in the photos knew that their image would be used in anti-grouse shooting propaganda?

filzee

Filzee,

loading or stuffing for a Gun is a great way to get much of the excitement of the sport without the hefty price tag.

Watching his arcs, keeping his barrels fed, marking shot birds and helping the picking-up team locate the long ones, along with the sheer joy of being out on the moor among like-minded people, make for a great day's sport.

And depending on your own experience, eye, and ability to read your Gun, you can help him to get the most out of the day in other ways too. But never forget that spending time with you wasn't on his list of reasons for buying the day!

Do it right, though, and it should be on his list of reasons for buying another...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Would love to Load or anything just to experience the day. Not many Moors in Nottinghamshire but hopefully one day manage to get out and taste a day on the moor.

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope