Opinions on what's in the photo....

Coolhand243

Please excuse the grainy terrible quality photo was on a trail cam late evening....

got conflicting opinions!!..... what do you guys think this is....
cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

NigelM

It's a deer looking at the way it's holding it's head and the general shape of the body. Certainly not a fox, badger or hare. Looking at the large patch of white on the tail my guess is a muntjac as has already been said. Pretty sure it's not Roe or any other species of deer.

hairlesshunter

German shepherd dog when you hold your finger and block out the white bit it's face frount legs and tail in the back ground become apparent

deerstalker.308

German shepherd dog when you hold your finger and block out the white bit it's face frount legs and tail in the back ground become apparent
I can see what you're seeing, I also don't think it's a muntie persoanlly, the white "tail" doesn't appear to stand proud of the body.

Coolhand243

I will check the memory card again see if there are any clearer shots, I'm not convinced it's a Muntie either, but I hope so!

Uncle Norm

I can see what you're seeing, I also don't think it's a muntie persoanlly, the white "tail" doesn't appear to stand proud of the body.
I agree, a Muntjac with its tail 'flagged' is different to the shape in the image. I doubt that it is a Muntjac.
I too can see the dog, running towards the camera with something white in its mouth. Perhaps the underside of a rabbit ?
In fairness though, there is not enough information in the image to be sure of what it is.

Loki

Hi

Rounded rear end up, tail below the backline, and down sloped front suggests a Hare in loping gait.

L