Available: Opportunity for a Novice to acquire stalking experience in West Sussex and Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

kismet55

I'd like to offer a newcomer to shooting experience in stalking and wild life management. They would have the opportunity to observe culls and eventually to participate. Learning from a number of experienced stalkers about safety,ballistics,butchery, home loading etc.
PM your details and reasons for participating.

baguio

I'd like to offer a newcomer to shooting experience in stalking and wild life management. They would have the opportunity to observe culls and eventually to participate. Learning from a number of experienced stalkers about safety,ballistics,butchery, home loading etc.
PM your details and reasons for participating.
A fantastic offer for someone out there. Are you able to give a rough location?
Baguio

tom_o_m

I'm a relative novice, but not novice enough, sadly. Well done, this is exactly what this forum excels at!

RuralLondoner

Good stuff! Think all of us lucky enough to have a bit of stalking should take out a novice.

Forestry Commission won't let me on our patch (which is a shame) but I'm trying to line something up for the summer on a friends farm. Will do the same if it all comes off. Got to keep the knowledge flowing!

kismet55

Sorry have to stop now. Had a number of responses. Shall sift through them over the next few days and see who we'll accommodate.
Shall reopen when I get more permissions.

kismet55

Since I started the group , about a year ago, we've more than trebled our acreage of permissions.IMG-20151029-WA0000.jpgIMG-20151101-WA0001.jpgand 5 trainees have been blooded. In the last week ,trainee above, got his first Roebuck (last of the season) and trainee below made this fallow his first deer. A privilege to have facilitated this and shared in their pleasure.
Thanks to all the stalkers who have joined DAGS to contribute their time and stalking to realise these lads dreams.
All at minimal cost to all members. Totally outside the world of commercial stalking and trophy hunting.
Now looking for CWD, Sika and Red to widen their experiences. Maybe,if needed, on a Fallow swop basis. Please pm if you want to share and contribute to producing the stalkers of the future.

kismet55

Phoenix and DAGS are no more.
The DAGSE website is now run by an ex member and we dissociate ourselves from it.
Our new website and group is The Deer Fellowship.org. As before it is a non profit making organisation dedicated to provide, at low cost, opportunities for the next generation of Stalkers
I thank all those who supported us in the past. Especially the experienced stalkers who have come on board to guide trainees.
I apologise to those who haven't been offered trainee positions yet. But feel free to contact us via the DFS website.
We are looking to gain stalking on 5000 acres in Dorset and Wiltshire 250 acres in Hampshire and Norfolk plus 1000 acres in Cambridgeshire. But many a slip between cup and lip!
Happy Xmas and New Year to all including all our ex members.

kismet55

As always, many thanks to our supporters and seasons greeting to all.
Please note that we don't have any trainee vacancies at the moment but shall post them when available. We'd appreciate contacts from anyone who would be interested in passing on their skills to trainees.

Status
Not open for further replies.