optics-trade.eu - any problems recently?

CPShines

I placed an order with these guys on Black Friday (26 Nov) on an item showing a 1-3 days despatch time. Last week they were telling me that they were still waiting for their bank to verify the payment, which sounds odd given that I used a credit card and the payment has definitely gone. They have yet to respond to my last request for information. I am not overly worried yet as I've spoken to my card provider about it but I am curious if anone else is experiencing delays with them at the moment?

I have seen positive threads about them from 2015 and 2016 so my assumption is that they simply got swamped on Black Friday and have yet to catch up and/or have run out of stock, but the lack of communication from them this week is starting to give me doubts.

McKenzie

I bought an Aimpoint Micro & have had 2 different mounts from them without any problem what-so-ever. A missing lens cover was replaced without question & quickly. At the time I bought it was a big saving & they were good to deal with. I did ask a UK supplier if they could match the price but they couldn't get close.

The deer man

I’ve bought from them quite a few times and found them always helpful and responsive to enquiries. I did research them before I bought the first time and found they had good reviews here and in the USA. They used to be the Meopta official agent, not sure if they still are though.
As for payment I seem to remember, it was 2/3 years ago, it took a few days to clear. Perhaps they have been inundated from Black Friday? I do believe they are serious outfit and you’ll be fine. Let us know how you get on.

CPShines

Cheers, yes all the reviews I'd seen had been good and comms was good from them until I questioned the reason for the delay. To be fair I got an update and an apology from them a couple of days later. Whatever the reason for the delay, my scope is finally on it's way - in the last three days it has moved through Slovenia, Austria and now Germany. Perhaps I made such a fuss that one of the chaps at the store is driving it to me himself :)

JTO

I've had stuff from them and the tracking information shows that it seems to go 'round the houses' to get here, but there has never been a problem.

CPShines

So after three failed delivery attempts from Parcel farce I ended up driving to the depot. Took them 20 minutes to find it but finally got it. So I thought I'd vanquished the curse on this delivery. Not so! Came home yesterday to find a PCN on the doormat for spending 5 seconds in an empty bus lane before turning left on my way back from the depot. So delivery has cost an extra 55 quid. Happy New Year!

CPShines

Yes, it was jinxed from the start. Trying not to let it cloud my view of the scope, which so far seems good.