Optilock bases for tikka 595

pablo.222

Have got myself a set of bases too fit the rifle. Question is where does the recoil pin on the front base locate into? Or is it not needed? Do you remove it? Any pics of your rifles wud be very good too look at.

​Paul

bobjs

Have got myself a set of bases too fit the rifle. Question is where does the recoil pin on the front base locate into? Or is it not needed? Do you remove it? Any pics of your rifles wud be very good too look at.

​Paul

sorry Paul i can't help.

I use the action mounts that fit direct to the acion dove tails,

bob.

pablo.222

sorry Paul i can't help.

I use the action mounts that fit direct to the acion dove tails,

bob.

​Cheers tho. Just want too get it right before i screw everything down tight and zero. Coz theres not a hole in the action for the pun too locate into so wondering if i need it at all.

Steve29

Punch it out and then push the base right forward on the front rail. It can't shift from there, so no need for the pin. I have them set up this way now on my M65 after having problems with the base overhanging the chamber because of the pin. Works fine.

monarman

what he said!.... knock the pin out. at least then you can sort your eye relief properly. optilocks are good but not the best idea, you should get an egw picatinny rail from midway uk and then you can use any weaver type mounts and alter them according to eye relief and it also gives you the option of night vision if you want go that way.