Optilock pho medium rings

limulus

I recently purchased a set of optilock phosphor medium rings from a member on here but can't remember who!
anybody care to own up?
I should have inspected them at the time but as they were in the original packaging I just assumed they were good.
How wrong can you be.
no inserts and one of the rings is cracked with an attempt at glueing it back in place.
I'm not expecting a reply and this is more of a heads up to others.
my mrs even got to say 'I told you so, trust no one', a sad state of mind but too often proved true.

Last edited:

AN DU RU FOX

sorry to hear that tony,ps sticks are brilliant, ive just picked a set of low ones (rings)up last couple days thanks to richard parsons cheers richard,:tiphat:

Last edited:

paul dillon

Sorry to here that Limulus but I think that I have a pair of 25mm optilock rings here no bases though and they should have inserts if they are what you need I will send them to you just F.O.C if I can find them and will post them out on Monday as away this weekend just pm me if what you are looking for

Just found them black with inserts yours if you need them

ATB Paul D

Last edited:

limulus

Paul
thats very kind but I have other mounts thanks.
this is more a heads up to check things you buy no matter how trustworthy you think people in the shooting fraternity might be.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Tony,

Do you not have PM's to/from said member? Did you post in the original thread? How did you pay? Shouldn't be too hard to track down...

Alex

paul dillon

Limulus,

that's not a problem hope you get it sorted from the op not the nicest thing to do to people to pass on their crap for payment will put them back to sleep may come in handy one of these first fine days

Cheers Paul D

limulus

I read through to page 18in the optics thread but couldn't find the sale so gave up.
i paid by paypal but I haven't looked through that yet.
tbh I'm not expecting anything now as it was several weeks ago I bought them and only now have the problems come to light.
as said I'm not short of mounts but it knocks your faith in people when summit like this happens. There maybe a perfectly good reason why the problems were missed, I missed them after all.

paul o'

not very nice mty got a few sets ? forget wot they are if needed i'll have a look
top offer from the lad for :thumb: FOC

paultap

I read through to page 18in the optics thread but couldn't find the sale so gave up.
tbh I'm not expecting anything now as it was several weeks ago I bought them and only now have the problems come to light.
as said I'm not short of mounts but it knocks your faith in people when summit like this happens. There maybe a perfectly good reason why the problems were missed, I missed them after all.

If you paid via PayPal then contact them and hopefully you should get a refund as paypal is a safeguard for this type of thing. I say "hopefully" as it's been several weeks since you took delivery, if you had spotted the problem straight away and reported it you almost certainly would have got a refund. I would still try this though as paypal would then contact the seller about it.

PayPal usually comes down on the side of the buyer from what I have read.

Last edited:

49ERIC

limullus if you payed with paypal you should easily find and see all your past transactions this will give a name an email address and the date and the amount paid , go to ACTIVITY--- PAYMENTS SENT --- SET DATE from i,e, 01/01/2013 to 12/02/2015 all your Transactions are recoded just like a bank statement

49ERIC

If you paid via PayPal then contact them and hopefully you should get a refund as paypal is a safeguard for this type of thing. I say "hopefully" as it's been several weeks since you took delivery, if you had spotted the problem straight away and reported it you almost certainly would have got a refund. I would still try this though as paypal would then contact the seller about it.

PayPal usually comes down on the side of the buyer from what I have read.
mmm all depends how you sent the money , if you sent i,e, friends and Family '' FREE'' not covered .. if sent as payment for goods , seller Pays paypal fee
well that is covered i.e. '' report that '' you will most lightly receive your money back , you will mostly be asked to contact your seller first ,

Pedro

limulus, I suspect that with no more than a little effort you could name the seller, should you wish. Which would really be all he deserves, but your tact is admirable. It is indeed a salutary lesson to us all as hopefully it is to the seller, whom I hope reads this and learns something.