Organisation

D

Davie

I don't know how you lot feel but i think it is time we had our own organisation . BASC BDS NGO SGO SACS ETC ETC ETC Have no idea really what deerstalkers need or want and the one organisation that could have made us individual the BDS just say they are not for deerstalkers they are a charity . Should we have our own organisation that is for deerstalkers and deerstalkers alone then discussions on tests and other topics could be influenced by the chaps on the ground not some

B.O.M.M type ps stands for (British organisation for making money )

I know were i would like to put my 20 _30 pounds a year but at the moment have no choice.

I agree with bobt, on voice is much stronger than loads of little ones.
Look at the Americans with Ducks Unlimited.

Bobt and Tony is that a support or not as its not clear what way you are on this. For me we are as divided as we get as a deerstalker none of the organisations back us at all. Yet we make up 90 % of the bds funds. :(

Maybe some one would be kind enough to set it as a vote topic i don't know how to set it up that way we could see what people think. ;)

6.5 x 55,

Idealy 1 organisation to cover all field sports .
Im not sure if a specific stalking organisation would actually benefit stalkers in the long run.

Tony said:
6.5 x 55,

Idealy 1 organisation to cover all field sports .
Im not sure if a specific stalking organisation would actually benefit stalkers in the long run.

How about a field sports council to include all the organisations> A bit like a T.U.C. for field sports

stalkers own club

Years ago Christofer Borthen of the stalking mag approached the NGO to do just this they said it was all stitched up by BASC and BDS as they run all the courses and make money out of them and obviously a certain few of there members do very nicely out of them they felt what ever they did they would not be able to get in on the act . So said best leave things alone as they are as you wont be able to get into the lucrative business of running courses as they do . Even if you run the course the big 2 get the money for the certificates and badges

Unity

Looking over the history and posts on this forum , you cannot get 3 folk to agree on the colour of shite. I am sometimes embarrassed to associate with the shooting fraternity.

this is the way it is in the country. one upmanship. all we care about is outdoing the next guy. The USA is different full of cameradery and genuine friendship between hunters.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but there are far to many chiefs in the UK and not enough indians. This is how it has been politically for may centuries, clan fighting clan, ruling by divide and conquer.

so another organisation is not the way forward. BASC is ****, but the best of a bad bunch. Get on the commitees and change it from within.

rant over

sorry. :confused:

Hi 308,
you read my mind.
Just look at what happens to any organisation, stalking or otherwise. All starts well with one guy, maybe two, running the show. They do it for the sheer joy of it. Alas, it gets too big for them alone, so they get more people involved. The new guys want different things, power, money, influence, or just have diverse ideals, and so on. The whole job goes to sh"$£te, and rarely ever achieves the original goals of the guys who started it. So in answer to the original question:- Great idea, but my gut feeling is go the 308 route, and try to influence what is already there. More effective than spending time beating yourself up for something which you will then stand by and watch others tear down or change beyond all recognition.
JMHO.
Mark

308boy and Buckup have hit the nail on the head. It needs more people to get involved in the organisations we allready have. Thats the only way to change things.

Totally agree with what has been said previously divide and conquer is what the powers that be want, a totally disarmed bunch of sheep .... it happened in Nazi Germany, Russia, the list goes on of totaliterian regimes

Said it before will say it again we need to all stick together in the same way as the NRA in the States, but they don't take crap like we do, so my personal opinion is you guys all want to forget country sports as it will all be gone soon, start the pop gun target club instead where you can shoot little plastic darts with rubber suckers on the end at plastic targets of deer or maybe get another hobby entirely such as golf, (in fact got a few sets of clubs in stock cheap if you want to beat the rush :lol: ) like BASC told me to do when I fell foul of the old Bill several years ago.

These guys we have now are to happy to run with the fox and drink with the hounds, we need a group of pro-active non bleeding heart hard nosed lobbyists.
After Dunblame we all stood round saying how sad and sorry we were when we should have been exposing the real culprits for what they were, don't need them to care what some criminal did because the police failed to vet him properly, we need them to purely stand up for our rights.
After Columbine in the US and other incidents thats what the NRA were doing, this will never happen as we are now a nation of door mats we just sit and take all this crap then whinge what a poor deal we got :evil:

What Legaleagle says is quite right. The sad thing is that if in the future there is another Dunblane-Hungerford commited with a rifle just watch the other branchs of shooting sports falling over them selves to stab rifle shooters in the back to try and safe guard there own sport.

Well i feel really sad with the replies we have .So if my best hope of saving my sport is basc then its good by. No one loves stalking more than me but i know when the **** hits the fan and it will we need some body organisation that will back us up to the hilt with all the relevant information . By that time basc will have millions of our money and the courses will have run dry and they will hang us out to do the same .

BASC and BDS (Sleeping with the enemy ) :(

I joined the BDS don't agree with how they sold semi autos down the road after Hungerford, but just to shoot on range days really as its the only local range to me.

If you guys were really up for doing something join BASC and infiltrate from the inside, look at how many votes these honourable gentlemen were voted in by, its in the previous threads. :rolleyes:

Get some good people and lets promote them hell out of them, we all have friends, get chain letters, harras the hell out of every shooting forum to get followers. You need to use something that is there already and then capaign like you are on a blitzcrieg :evil:

One big voice has to be the way to go. If we did have an organisation just for stalkers what would we want it to do? What are the things we would want changed, improved or whatever? As 308boy points out we can't even agree on how the oesophagus should tied off in a gralloch - cable tie, baler twine, cloths peg? :lol:

However, it seems to me that BASC is now much more procative for wildfowlers after a number of them said that they would clear off as BASC wasn't representing them properly. Perhaps we have to rock the boat from within to get a better deal - but again, what do we want?

What is more interesting is that BASC has around 125,000/130,000 members? The latest audited number of registered Labour Party members is 176,000! Makes you wonder who should be running the Country. :lol:

The way I see this thread is that there is more agreement than disagreement. Although there will always be differing views on small issues, dare I mention the gralloch thing all over again, there does appear to be overall agreement. We need representation, and we need to get it by making use of the already established structure, the BASC. Like it or loathe it, it is already in place, it has a voice and it has Government recognition, a pretty good start, I would suggest.

The elections have only just gone, and it was apparent from the number of votes cast, that the true winner was apathy. I forget the exact numbers but I remember that Griff mentioned them and they were only in the 3000 range if I remember correctly, and the numbers between being elected or not were only in the hundreds. So if the membership is in the 120,000+ range and only 3000 or so of those voted, we have only ourselves to blame.

If we are to achieve, what we perceive as being needed, better representation with a stronger say with what happens in the shooting world, then we have to change it. We narrowly missed out last time getting Griff elected onto the Council, if he is willing to stand again next year then I believe that now is not too early to start moving towards this. Spread the word, keep every one interested in various issues as they crop up, identify where you would like to see changes, improvements etc. Do not think that once you have aired your views on here it is forgotten, and no one ever knows about them except us, wrong! We know that David from the BASC monitors this site, we also know from recent events that the CIC have had a use for us, and I am sure other organisations are aware of us as well.

So there it is, we have agreement in that we need better representation as proposed by 6.5 X 55, this was taken up by others who identified that the way to do it was through the already existing body, the BASC, is this not the way forward? Forget the trivia of things like the gralloch fine points etc and concentrate on the main chance, a voice from within, to represent stalkers, it can be done.

I am not advocating some sort of revolution, all I am saying is use what we already have, democracy - voting rights, to make the best use of our recognised voice, the BASC.

I need a cuppa now :D

John

A good reply and i will back this all the way by joining BASC so as to use my vote . I will vote for a member who is will to put him self forward and be the voice of Deerstalking and speak up for Deerstalkers rights.
I have a lad who has shot many Deer and who should by now be taking over most of my ground why has he not because he will not do the DMQ 1-2 Why his word he cant be ass ed paying all that money for nothing and before anyone jumps on this i did feel the same and still do . So with a PART 3 In the offing are we ready to accept that this will lead to the next generation not taking the chance to become the next generation of stalkers.
I fel we have shot our selves in the foot and would like to put forward that if any more Dmq,s are put forward they are do so with the future of deer stalking at the forefront not the size of some ones pockets.
GRIFF I HOPE YOU WILL STAND AND WE CAN MAKE A UNITED FRONT FOR THE FUTURE

300 do you really think it comes down to money mate because it don't.i feel for all the new lads coming into the sport that's if they will try after getting ripped off for the lev 2
PS if you can get some one lev 1 and 2 for 120 notes you are dreaming .
but IF YOU WILL PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND DO JUST THAT I KNOW PLENTY THAT WILL TAKE UP YOUR OFFER.
:p :p

Back