Out of curiosity - motorbike

dom8328

Due to buying a house after 24yr in the army and putting roots down, it's come time to sell the second love of my life (after my rifles).
I'm looking to sell my special edition Yamaha R6 in black and yellow, only 2000 made and mine is number 708, what I'm wondering is how much is it worth. Seen an immaculate version on the web for 5k, mines in great condition with 7 months MOT and nearly new tyres, 35000 miles and various extras.

Any ideas as to cost as looking for a cheap 4x4 for me the dog and my rifles for stalking. Can send pics via text if required.

Cheers

Dom

Hopefully the transition will be successful, I know that some struggle. As for the cost of your bike, probably you'll get some good pointers on what cheap 4x4 to buy on here! :D

Mileage is key, 35k is high. I would reckon £1250 - £1750 trade and between £1800 - £2200 private.

Skipp

Don't sell it, buy a cheaper house,
bryn

I spent my first 2 years in New Zealand owning only what I could fit on a touring bike (GSX 1100F). I haven't even ridden a bike for about 25 years but I still sometimes dream that I shipped it back & it's sitting in the garage.

I've had loads of top end bikes over the years, mostly 1000cc sport bikes, although saying that I did have a new R6 back in 2009.. .. I currently have an absolutely immaculate ZX12R with only 12,500 miles on it.

The trouble with the R6 as a second hand proposition is one of popularity.. .. the reason it was / is so popular is because they are good reliable bikes.. .. the second reason is because there were so many zero percent interest finance deals available.. .. meaning there are hundreds of them for sale second hand.

If absolutely immaculate, and taking into consideration it's millage and limited run I'm guessing it might make £2800.00 in a private sale, obviously less as a trade in.

I had an absolutely mint aprilia factory rsv , I had it from new, cost £13000, 4 years later it had done 2000 miles I was offered £3000 from a shop, I got £4500 in a private sale,
terrible second hand market selling at the moment, if your buying its great, so don't expect much,

With that mileage probably £2.5/3k I doubt the special edition does it any favours to be honest. I have a moto GP GSXR and am under no illusions that when ic come to sell it, Its still a GSXR. IMO I would keep the R6 just as a toy. :)

Due to buying a house after 24yr in the army and putting roots down, it's come time to sell the second love of my life (after my rifles).
I'm looking to sell my special edition Yamaha R6 in black and yellow, only 2000 made and mine is number 708, what I'm wondering is how much is it worth. Seen an immaculate version on the web for 5k, mines in great condition with 7 months MOT and nearly new tyres, 35000 miles and various extras.

Any ideas as to cost as looking for a cheap 4x4 for me the dog and my rifles for stalking. Can send pics via text if required.

Cheers

Dom

Dom,

Send pictures of Dog & Rifles ;)

Stan

Thanks for all the input and advice gents, just had a Yamaha dealer appraise it at 3.5K.

Will be up for sale after a good wash and a clean :D

Dom

Is it a Rossi Rep?

Funny how folk think 35k is high mileage for a bike, as long as it has been serviced regularly it will be good, probably better than some of the 10 year old 3,000 mile minters that appear after having been thrashed around a track for a few seasons.

I saw a 95k SP1 on Ebay last year and the chap that bought it says it runs as sweet as a nut.

Good luck with the sale altho it is possibly a wee bit late in the season to be selling.

Cheers

Back