Outside deburr / chamfer .17 cal??????????

finnbear270

OK, been scratching around for ages for a case mouth de burr / chamfer cutter, ideally with a thread suitable to go on a powered tool centre, such as Lyman etc, the only cutter so far to fit the .17 Fireball cases is an L.E. Wilson hand tool, anyone elses will not allow the case on to the pilot, or if it will, the cutter edges hit the shoulders before a cut can take place on the case mouth, Anyone sourced a suitable tool, or solved this before?:idea::?:

Sinistral

professional break pipe de burring tool

or a set of de burring tools,
A somewhat cryptic post, Bob. Can you provide a link to these solutions?

I could do with both an inner & outer deburring set that will cope with .14 cal up to .577 calibre with a leading shank section that will fit a universal chuck.

[FONT=&amp]I think you meant ‘brake pipe’ perhaps. :lol:[/FONT]

bobjs

A somewhat cryptic post, Bob. Can you provide a link to these solutions?

I could do with both an inner & outer deburring set that will cope with .14 cal up to .577 calibre with a leading shank section that will fit a universal chuck.

[FONT=&amp]I think you meant ‘brake pipe’ perhaps. :lol:[/FONT]
if,you do a search you will find these items on the many sites in the uk. i have a few of them in the gun room but now i only have 2 calibres that i reload they have been relegated to loaning to mates etc.

bob.

Alantoo

I could not find the Lyman tool that I ended up with immediately on the above links. It is under their case prep kit heading and is called a case prep multi-tool.

All the tools share the same quite small (M5 or 3/16"-ish) thread and fit into either end of the handle unit. The thread is presumably fairly universal and hopefully the same as on your motor, I can measure it and see if you like.

Having just had another look at your machine the Lyman deburring tools do not look that much different from the Hornady ones so maybe they will not be much of an advantage. I can measure the pilot tomorrow if that would be helpful.

Alan

Attachments

Last edited:

finnbear270

Actually I found the Redding tool to be the proper dimensions for .17 cal outside chamfer, just need to part it off on the lathe, & tap the thread in the back face, & stud it to go on the prep centre.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Actually I found the Redding tool to be the proper dimensions for .17 cal outside chamfer, just need to part it off on the lathe, & tap the thread in the back face, & stud it to go on the prep centre.
You are boasting about your machining skills now Steve. Personally I could just about hack it off with a hacksaw or a hammer and chisel. :D
My skills have always been in taking things apart or destroying them, and I used to be quite good at that.

JTO

I have an RCBS double-ended hand tool. The pilot for the outside neck end measures .155". On the tool is stamped "Made for RCBS by L.E. Wilson .17 to .45"

treetop

I use a Lee quick trim with delux cutter ...
really simple & easy to use

i don't know if they make one for what you want though ..